What if Rowlf was the main Muppet?

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I don't think that really means she doesn't care for him exactly:coy:
Right. That's just how their relationship works. Kermit himself put it best, "We have a professional relationship. I act like a professional & she thinks we have a relationship."

Redsonga

Reaction score
Right. That's just how their relationship works. Kermit himself put it best, "We have a professional relationship. I act like a professional & she thinks we have a relationship."
*lol* They do..I think it is possible to be selfish and in love at the same time :smile:

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
Piggy is complicated. She is a diva, she can be self centered, and she can come off as being uncaring, but she really does love her frog and deep down (really deep at times) she cares for the other Muppets as well. Yes, she'll karate chop anyone who rubs her the wrong way and she often comes off as being somewhat mean, Piggy can also be sensitive and concerned about others. She just has a very reserved way of showing it beneath her diva exterior.

To say that it is out of character or bad writing for Piggy to have her leave her friends in the basement wouldn't necessarily be true. But I think that if Kermit spoke up about it being an issue, she might have (reluctantly?) stayed behind. Though if it were a more serious situation, I think she would have stuck with them.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
think that if Kermit spoke up about it being an issue, she might have (reluctantly?) stayed behind. Though if it were a more serious situation, I think she would have stuck with them.
1. Kermit did speak about it in that very same episode.
2. What's more serious than having your show--the show that endeared you to many--being overan and controlled by renegade swine (no offense to Miss Piggy, of course)?

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
1. Kermit did speak about it in that very same episode.
Sorry, I forgot.

2. What's more serious than having your show--the show that endeared you to many--being overan and controlled by renegade swine (no offense to Miss Piggy, of course)?
And that's where you have to consider the Piggy logic. She is an opportunist. But, I'm sure that if she tagged along with the pigs, eventually she would forget that and go back to Kermit eventually. She wouldn't leave him down there.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I respect Piggy a great deal ... but the fact of the matter is, her career comes first. I've been rewatching the Muppet Movie and Caper and it seems like (and we should include Very Muppet Christmas Movie and TMS as well) she goes back to Kermit ... when her gig is over or she's been fired or whatever. Had things worked out ... she would have stayed with the gig, not the frog.

I think if the pig takeover had succeeded, in that they let her be the star, she would have paid someone to open the basement door ... but she definitely would have stayed for her numbers.

I know she cares for Kermit. However, sometimes it seems like he's more of yet another accessory for her, not a partner.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I know she cares for Kermit. However, sometimes it seems like he's more of yet another accessory for her, not a partner.
But in MTM, she has another opportunity for a gig, but she forgoes that for Kermit, considering she felt her Kemie was getting too friendly with Jenny.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
But in MTM, she has another opportunity for a gig, but she forgoes that for Kermit, considering she felt her Kemie was getting too friendly with Jenny.
That's about the only time you'll see Piggy actually care for Kermit. And yes, she even seemed to care for the others in the movie too like Janice, Fozzie, Rowlf, Gonzo, etc.

But if Piggy's career took off, she would leave Kermit with no hesitation. Sure she'll think about Kermit and the rest of the old gang every once and a while but she'll be busy with her career and meeting people and so on.

If her career took off and she left Kermit and the others, she would probably reconnect with them eventually, but that would be way on down the line, say 10 or more years. But there would be some bitterness with Kermit towards Piggy for leaving him.