It's a Great Day to Be a Muppet Fan!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
*lol* Well, I tried:coy:..It's not a good time to be a muppet fan if you still need a DVD of Rocky Mountain Holiday though ..It's so hard to get now:frown:...
Oh, that reminds me, when do they say the next muppet show set is going to come out?:confused:
No announcement yet, but my guess would be around January, possibly. I say that only because season three was released eight months after season two. Season four could follow the same pattern. Unless, hopefully, they try to release it in time for the holiday season.

Redsonga

Reaction score
But you need those!
*sigh* I know..that's why I still don't have the DVD, it costs too much now...I should have got it when it was new but back then I was silly and thought it was just a muppet show episode:embarrassed:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Selling things ahead of schedule often works to one's advantage if one is swamped with projects.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I think it's great to see the Muppets poppin' and so much happening with them! It definitely is a great time to be a Muppet fan!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I don't know, maybe something's wrong with me, but I'm not really that excited about any of these new projects coming out.
I understand, from my pov I'm cautiously optimistic. They haven't been the kind of Muppets I enjoy for awhile. And just because they bare the name "Muppets" doesn't mean I'm required to watch. The main things I'm excited about are getting the classic stuff on DVD (which is just as watchable for the new generations as they were then).

I dunno, I don't think that having more love for the classics than every new thing that comes along really makes one any less of a fan..I don't think being a true fan really means we have to accept every change that's thrown at us just because 'that's the way it is':embarrassed:.
I absolutely agree. Being a fan doesn't mean liking every single thing. Blind patriotism is wrong for the country, and it's wrong for entertainment, hehe. Sometimes when something's not working, you have to speak up, otherwise nothing changes. The band KISS always said they knew when they'd disapointed fans and would try to do differently next time because they knew without the fans, they wouldn't exist.

I'm not saying change is bad. But not all change is good and not all should be accepted in order to be a fan. :wink:

Trying hard to make things "modern" doesn't guarantee quality. The emphasis should not be on being hip, but just writing well.

If some young people don't like the classic material, the fault is not with the classic material. And anyway, I think there are plenty of young people who still enjoy older things. The idea that older media needs to take a back seat is a myth. The past is where we should be looking to for inspiration, not avoiding.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I'm not saying change is bad. But not all change is good and not all should be accepted in order to be a fan.
In some instances, I certainly agree. But as change is the one constant in life, there's nothing we can do to stop change--good or bad--from occuring.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
In some instances, I certainly agree. But as change is the one constant in life, there's nothing we can do to stop change--good or bad--from occuring.
People can also cause change. :wink:

And again, when it comes to change, there is no "have to" except. It's still every fans choice what they choose to enjoy. :smile:

MelissaY1

Reaction score
:sympathy: No need to be so grumpy and ALL CAPS about it. Go to YouTube. Go to Muppets.com. If the Muppets can't entertain a fan there then they never could. That's the Muppety goodness of the future, DC was the speedbump along the way. :wink:
Nah there's been a few bumps in the road. I'm not one of those people who thinks everything has been crap since Jim died (and there ARE some people out there) but the lousy projects have outweighed the good ones in my opinion.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Nah there's been a few bumps in the road.
You're not alone :smile: And there does seem to be two kinds of fans. The ones who like nearly everything that's come out. And those who mainly prefer the Jim-era material. Again, I don't think fans should feel like they "have to" accept things that come out just because they're a fan. :smile:

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Well, different people will have different opinions. And you know, I think it's amazing the Muppets are still "alive" and there is still such a massive fanbase, nearly twenty years after Jim Henson's passing. It seems as though most brands, save for a few, don't last five years past their conception, much less so long after it's parent and primary driving force is gone. It's a testament to the the creator, characters, the performers, the writers, and to even to Disney that it is still around. You aren't less of a fan for loving the old stuff! In fact, that's the meat and the heart of the Muppets. Everything else is icing on the cake. And the beauty of it is: You don't have to watch the new stuff it you don't want to. But if you do, it looks as though new Muppet material will be around for years to come, for better or for worse.
This is true, but I have to say I'm the same way about any classic brands. I'm very anti-Disney these days, have no interests in their new projects, not into the new Peanuts specials, new Warner Bros. stuff, etc.