Year of the Frog Awareness Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
But as for the original topic, it's good to discuss helping the planet. It's something you hardly hear about anymore. And it would be great for the Disney tween stars to set a good example for their audience.
I remember our family driving an old gas-guzzling station wagon with seatbelts permanently lodged in the cushion cracks. That was my childhood. I also remember there being a lot more litter. Also a funky fact is that there was no alcohol driving laws in Texas when I was a kid. A parent could drink a beer while driving! Crazy stuff! People say that kids are growing up without good rules or role models, but I ultimately blame the family unit. It didn't matter what other families did, ours had its own rules and we respected that. I would say these green ads aren’t just for kids – they’re for everyone’s benefit.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
People say that kids are growing up without good rules or role models, but I ultimately blame the family unit. It didn't matter what other families did, ours had its own rules and we respected that. I would say these green ads aren’t just for kids – they’re for everyone’s benefit.
That's very true! We shouldn't complain so much about celebrities and their examples. Ultimately, even if a kid never saw littering on TV, they'd still see their parents do it and learn from that.

muppetperson

Reaction score
On a different subject, I am surprised that Disney hasnt made a year of the Frog pin featuring kermit, as they have with year of the Pig and Rat with Miss Piggy and Rizzo respectively.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
It just seems so needless and nit-picky. This discussion has gone from a 30 second bit on frog awareness to ending the Muppets over it. The forum really isn't a democracy - it's just friendlier than most others. Some posts in this thread have crossed lines in the forum guidelines. I remember helping to revise them once upon a time. There's a good chance some of the content referenced in all of our posts will be handled by the moderators.

Back to frogs. I used to keep frogs in my pocket as a kid. I even kissed one once. :smile: Sadly he didn't turn into Kermit. :sympathy:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Okay... This thread has gone completely off-kilter into fighting just for fighting's sake. Consider this locked down.

Status
Not open for further replies.