Too old for Sesame Street

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Funny that, because Elmo's parents are named after Kevin's, but only in EW, and only in dorothy's head. In Talk, Listen, Connect you see the offical Muppets for his parents, His dad is called Louie, and His mother remains offically unamed accordign to the wiki. She is performed by Fran Brill

muppetwannabe

Reaction score
I still watch in the morning just to see what has changed I still like the storyline segments but If I have already watched the episode I stop watching when it gets to the cartoons! The new episodes I watch the whole thing! Snuffy hasn't changed that much and neither has Elmo or Zoe.The are my fave sesame street muppets in that order. I still Love Gina and Maria! I loved the adoption episode with Gina because I too was adopted as a baby! I am glad to know I am not the only adult who still watches Sesame Street!

Redsonga

Reaction score
Then call me old. I like the classics, thanks. You'd think they could mix the new with the old, but sadly, even The Workshop seems to believe in the "old = bad" mentality.
And yet most tried and true story ideas are old and have been used before, the most you can do is remake them:sympathy:.

I actually do not like some of the remakes of older songs. The Abby and Elmo version of "Little Things" nearly made me cry, and not in a good way :frown:.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I don't understand the remakes either. It's not like the original "Little Things" was a Disco number, heh. :wink:

Redsonga

Reaction score
I don't understand the remakes either. It's not like the original "Little Things" was a Disco number, heh. :wink:
It's not that Elmo and Abby are awful, it's just that I am use to the man who first sang it...
I guess in that sense I am too old for certain remakes as I think the first time was perfect :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hmmm... It depends. I don't hate remakes, but I don't like them unless they're done well... but then again, i never think of any new version of "Sing" as a remake... after all, it's a timeless SS song, and it deserves to be put into different mediums, and performed by different people. Myself, I love the one that's animated, and they're in some sort of art gallery.

And I will say I do like some of the paper/sand animations.

When it comes to remakes, I want to see more things like the new Rubber Duckie, or La La La. One where they take the pre-existing audio and reshoot new puppet footage. personally, I think the new version of Rubber Duckie looks better than the old one (but then again, I never have been a fan of the early design of Ernie).

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
personally, I think the new version of Rubber Duckie looks better than the old one (but then again, I never have been a fan of the early design of Ernie).
I don't know? Don't get me wrong, I mean I like the newer version. But there's just something classic and traditional about the original one. It had a timeless quality about it that makes it likable to me. It's like perfect to me like it is and doesn't need better camera angles and sprucing up in ordered for it to be better. It's like fancy does not improve it for me because it has it's own unique quality to it.