Too old for Sesame Street

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
It's not that Elmo and Abby are awful, it's just that I am use to the man who first sang it...
I guess in that sense I am too old for certain remakes as I think the first time was perfect :smile:
Right, yeah the remakes aren't awful. But then again, there was nothing wrong or outdated with most of the originals. I don't see how anyone can be too young for the originals! :wink:

Redsonga

Reaction score
Right, yeah the remakes aren't awful. But then again, there was nothing wrong or outdated with most of the originals. I don't see how anyone can be too young for the originals! :wink:
I guess the only ones who really think so are those that also think a child can't love any cartoon that's not CGI now :frown:

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
I guess the only ones who really think so are those that also think a child can't love any cartoon that's not CGI now :frown:
CGI cartoons generally are not that good to me; I much prefer anime or cartoons in a style similar to picture-book illustration.The only CGI cartoon I have enjoyed EVER is Skyland.

Sparkina

Reaction score
Well, I'll concede to a little bit of spoilage too. :big_grin: However, it seems like some parents want their children to get good jobs, but without knowing anything. Most of my education was redundancy personified. If I didn't read stuff on my own as a hobby, I'd be drooling on some ... you know, I was going to finish that sentence but I'm sure I'd end up offending someone.

Anyway, case in point: Cookie Monster. Would it have been SO difficult for parents to explain to their kids that, as a cookie monster, he ate cookies all the time, though it wasn't safe for human kids ... just like birds eat worms but we don't go around eating that, dung beetles eat dung, etc. Why does he have to conform to human nutrition standards when he's not human?

Sigh. Rant over.
Better yet, why not explain to children that CM is a make-believe character from the world of make believe but real kids in the real world need nutrients to have healthy bodies?

Sparkina

Reaction score
I’m a grown *** woman, no kids as of yet, who was of the first generation to watch the show. I watch the classic episodes (anything up through 1974, mostly.) Ditto classic episodes of Mr. Rogers and the Electric Company. I already know my letters,numbers, colors, shapes, hygiene and manners, and who the people in my neighborhood are and what they do, but it’s fun to watch a classic episode and see which skits or scenes I remember and if I remembered them right.
It’s perfectly fine to enjoy something that reminds you of a happy time in your life.
When I was in the target viewership, Gordon had hair, Snuffy was fantasized, Mr. Hooper was alive, Molly the Mail Lady delivered the mail, David was there and Luis was single. And I think Roosevelt Franklin was a million times cooler than Elmo could ever be. And I think Susan and Gordon had the ideal relationship and the kind of relationship I always aspired to