Caped Crusader: New Batman Film Rumors

Drtooth

Reaction score
The direction they are going in now with the individual character films is probably the way to go. So is the new cartoon. Has anyone seen the trailer for it? Wow! It's not a DVDtoon it's an actual series!
It looks good, but I doubt it will last long. Considering how it's been shoved into an obscure cable channel that only a 3rd of cable providers give... and also considering the Spectacular Spider-Man is all but canceled, and the second season hasn't even started yet.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
It looks good, but I doubt it will last long. Considering how it's been shoved into an obscure cable channel that only a 3rd of cable providers give... and also considering the Spectacular Spider-Man is all but canceled, and the second season hasn't even started yet.
This animated series is allowed to be darker and more stylized than ever before. I think Sci Fi should have picked it up. The production value shows and is a big part of its selling-point. It could also be too expensive for other networks. :sympathy:

Drtooth

Reaction score
This animated series is allowed to be darker and more stylized than ever before. I think Sci Fi should have picked it up. The production value shows and is a big part of its selling-point. It could also be too expensive for other networks. :sympathy:
I think 4Kids should have had first dibs on Spider-Man season 2.... and then talk about the rest of these projects. It's a real shame Saturday mornings are all but dead, and the greedy relatives are waiting to pull the plug so they can get it's vast fortune of time to run infomercials in... otherwise, these shows would actually have a place. I like the direction of this new X-Men show... though I still don't like the little Emo version of Rogue from the movies (Call me a purist, but I miss her being the tough southern belle sort).

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I think 4Kids should have had first dibs on Spider-Man season 2.... and then talk about the rest of these projects. It's a real shame Saturday mornings are all but dead, and the greedy relatives are waiting to pull the plug so they can get it's vast fortune of time to run infomercials in... otherwise, these shows would actually have a place. I like the direction of this new X-Men show... though I still don't like the little Emo version of Rogue from the movies (Call me a purist, but I miss her being the tough southern belle sort).
You're right. I think she could be both. That could be interesting.

With the exception of The Batman I haven't been an active Saturday morning viewer. The problem with this cancellation and void of such quality animated television programs is due to the fact that there's no strong leadership to shepherd them. I would love to see a totally Adult Swim sort of animation network that focused on the teen to adult market. There is a desire out there, but much of the product is axed or eaten up on the web.

Drtooth

Reaction score
With the exception of The Batman I haven't been an active Saturday morning viewer. The problem with this cancellation and void of such quality animated television programs is due to the fact that there's no strong leadership to shepherd them. I would love to see a totally Adult Swim sort of animation network that focused on the teen to adult market. There is a desire out there, but much of the product is axed or eaten up on the web.
I've been whining about that for the past year and a half. It's all due to the FCC and all these stupid rules and regulations that make children's programming unprofitable. Throw the internet, video games and shows about singers who can neither sing nor act, and you got the perfect storm for the death of animation. Kid's WB certainly didn't try very hard the past 2 years (Warners was only responsible for 3 shows out of 8 for example) and they recently said, heck with it and sold the line up to their competition.

I feel the Batman had a strong push behind it... if it didn't it would have been canceled after the second season (like most of WB's latest projects). Though I still say it really deserved a 6th season or mini season or something, coming off the heals of Dark Knight. The last season seemed a wash in JLA team ups that were hit or miss, instead of the bolder version they had in season 4, which is really when the show hit it's stride, and became more than what it was at the beginning. And it more than made up for the cliches and corniness of season 3... including the episode where Bushroot...errr...Poison Ivy turned everyone into plant zombies. A plot line that could have easily fit in with Super Friends or the 1970's Batman cartoon.