"For Better Or For Worse" comic strip comes to an end

D'Snowth

Reaction score
*Shrug* I never really read it, so I'm not effected much.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
My used to read it all the time, now she doesn't.

She told this was gonna happen awhile ago.

Drtooth

Reaction score
:sleep: Which begs the question...

:boo: What's That?

:sleep: When was it "Better?" DWOAH HO HO HO!

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
As a comic enthusiast (well, I'm majoring in Sequential Art), this is sad news. I only recently started reading the strip, and say what you want about the storyline and drama, the art is lovely, in my opinion.

Though it seems as though she'll still be doing new strips, I almost wish editors would allow for new talent to bud in the comics strips of the newspapers. It's almost impossible for an up and coming comic strip artist to edge their way in to the industry, thanks to the editors fear of change. (That and the decreasing popularity of the printed newspaper, but that is a whole nother can of fish that I am not going to open.)

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Ah, you guys are all lame. I used to read this comic like crazy! I'd take out the books, and read it online. I also loved the TV show... wish I had it on DVD!

She's not actually stopping the strip... she's just finally stopped advancing the story. She's going back to the original story and filling in plot holes and stuff from the very old strips by making brand new ones in that style. I think it's kind of cool; because when she's done that, the FBorFW universe will be so comprehensive, even moreso than it already is.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You Can't Plug in a 2 with a 6 said:
Ah, you guys are all lame.
Well, I always always more drawn to offbeat comics like Get Fuzzy, lol.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, I always always more drawn to offbeat comics like Get Fuzzy, lol.
Get Fuzzy was fun the first 2 years, but it got tired really fast. He's trying to be all "Anti-Garfield" and it's essentially the same thing. Only without a cartoon series and merchandise.

Gimme Robotman... err... Monty any day.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
There actually HAS been SOME Get Fuzzy merchandise... there's collection and treasury books out (I've gotten all three so far: Groovitude, Bucky Katt's Big Book of Fun, and Loserpalooza), and I think at one point, Gund made Bucky beanies that people say looked absolutely ridiculous!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I actually liked this comic pretty well and it's sad to see it go.