"For Better Or For Worse" comic strip comes to an end

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Aw that's too bad. I remember when they broke new ground with the storyline when the dog died. It was big news, it really affected people. And later Family Circus had a strip with their own Grandfather and the For Better or Worse dog together in Heaven. Aww

Princeton

Reaction score
There actually HAS been SOME Get Fuzzy merchandise... there's collection and treasury books out (I've gotten all three so far: Groovitude, Bucky Katt's Big Book of Fun, and Loserpalooza), and I think at one point, Gund made Bucky beanies that people say looked absolutely ridiculous!
Slightly related, but I've been seeing more and more Pearls Before Swine plushies lately.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I never really read this, but it's always sad to see a comic strip go :frown:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Slightly related, but I've been seeing more and more Pearls Before Swine plushies lately.
My news paper just recently started running Pearls Before Swine... frankly, I can't quite "get" this comic... I mean it seems like every other strip is about the characters making some kind of jab or reference at another comic ("Hey! That kid from 'Cul-de-sac' set our house on fire!"), then the others are about the cartoonist poking fun at himself regarding the comic.

BTW Brian, I can't quite tell... is that Karl Malden in your av?

dwmckim

Reaction score
Pearls Before Swine is actually my fave currently running strip - but there are a lot of running gags and such so if a paper starts running it somewhere i can see why it may take a while for someone to get into it - you may want to check out one of the anthology books of strips (which your library might have if you don't want to shell out the money on something you're not currently sure about)

(I was actually thinking the other day that i could totally see them doing a Pearls strip where Pig and Rat are discussing how it seems like everywhere you look these days you see The Muppets popping up all over the place with the two eventually being replaced by Miss Piggy and Rizzo in the last panel.)

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
This saddens me, because like many others, I watched the 'For Better or For Worse' family age, grow & blossom over the years. As many comic strips age, the plot lines do run their course. It will be missed indeed.:cry: