Favorite Walkaround designs?

SSLFan

Reaction score
Lol. A crazy question I guess, but what are your favorite walkaround designs based on the SS characters? If you've seen SSL or been to Sesame Place, you may know what I'm talking about. Here is my top five:

1. Big Bird

Okay, I'm not saying this just because he's my favorite, but the Big Bird costume is pretty impressive. And I applaud all the people who has danced in the bird outfit for the past 28 years! xd.

I like the neck tie he wears, since he doesn't wear it on the SS tv show. It definately brings the "live" into Sesame Street Live(okay, that was corny I know:big_grin:). He is also the tallest(duh), which also makes the costume even more special. Oh yeah...not to mention all those feathers!

2. Bert

They debuted a new Bert head design back in the 2003-04 season I believe, which has added more hair to Bert's head! It looks pretty cool, and I really dig it. Although I do perfer the Ernie character more, I really like the Bert walkaround for some odd reason. He looks more laid back and when Eric Jacobson is doing the voice, you really start to think the character is more "alive" sorta speak. Lol. I'm no good with this.:embarrassed:

3. Telly

Telly's awsome. His costume is awsome. And whoever performs Telly onstage is just so energetic, they really know what they're doing when performing that big lovable guy. When I saw Elmo Makes Music, it didn't really dawn on me to how tall Telly was! And I'm sure the costume weighs a ton!

P.S., if you did see Elmo Makes Music, Telly's performer also performed Mr. Noodle in the EW segment. Keep in mind Mr. Noodle isn't nessceraily a costumed character, so you can finally see who is performing Telly! Pretty cool.

4. 4 way tie- Grover-Zoe-Elmo-Ernie

Need I say more? Cool characters with cool walkaround designs. I especially like Zoe with the tutu.

5. Honker

The Honker, to me, is the "secret mascot" for VEE and all of SSL. Although he has no major part(and usually is just the u/s), you can expect to see the Honker in EVERY SSL show you attend, at least 90% if the time.:smile: He's just one of the characters where you just want to walk up and give him a great big hug.

Honerable mentions:

Barkley walkaround
Roxy Marie walkaround
Count Von Count walkaround

Redsonga

Reaction score
The ice skating Snuffy is my favorite :smile:

StarrFilter

Reaction score
I'm gonna have to go with the old school versions of Count (with the glittery cape) and Prairie Dawn (with the flower print dress and less hair, lol). She really looked better back in the day. Now her head is built funny and her new dress is lame. I realize it's what she wears on the t.v. show now, but it doesn't translate well to stage. It looks really stiff and just doesn't move as well or look as good as the old costume.
Now my favorites would have to be Bert, Ernie and Count. I love Bert's Saddle Shoes, Ernie's sneakers, and Counts spats on his shoes... and I guess I like his new cape :-P

SSLFan

Reaction score
Wow, Count wore a glittery cape? I wish I would've been around to see that, lol.:batty:

You noticed they've given every character a "clean" sort of look these days? I kind of had mix feelings on it. I mean, I miss the old designs but I'm glad they've brightened up Cookie Monsters fur!:insatiable: He looked more black instead of blue.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
One thing I always found odd was Baby Bear wearing overals. Why did they do that?

StarrFilter

Reaction score
it's because children were afraid of the bear without the overalls. And he just looked bare and not as colorul as the rest of the gang.

Redsonga

Reaction score
it's because children were afraid of the bear without the overalls. And he just looked bare and not as colorul as the rest of the gang.
But Cookie Monster is naked and I was never frightened of him, or the little baby bear when I was little :stick_out_tongue:

SSLFan

Reaction score
I like the overalls. I didn't even know Baby Bear was naked before he had them. You notice he and Big Bird are the only muppets to have "specially designed" outfits for the live shows? Pretty cool.

muppet maniac

Reaction score
My favorites...

1. Oscar - the new one that debuted at Sesame Place last month. What I like about this one is that unlike the previous version, this one is able to walk around the park while in his trash can (and stop and sit down in it when he wants to), and also unlike the previous version, this is an actual large, walk-around costume. I find it odd that it took them this long to have him appear this way. Here is the pic:

2. Cookie Monster - no favorite; the walk-around Cookie has been a consistent favorite of mine (at least of all Sesame walk-arounds) throughout the years.

3. Bert - the one with the bushier hair (2000s)

4. Big Bird - Late 80s and early 90s.

5. Ernie - 90s-present

As far as least favorites...well...I'll let these pictures from a theme park in Brazil (Hopi Hari, or whatever it is called) speak for themselves...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/50468619@N04/4633844316/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/50468619@N04/4633255555/in/photostream/

All I have to say about those is :eek: