Classic Muppets filming NBC Christmas special

wwfpooh

Reaction score
So much for adding back Rowlf and Scooter in the main six......

:confused:
Well, I can understand Rowlf, since the character is so top heavy, but with Scooter, surely they have someone who could perform the character & voice reasonably well?

ToughPigsJoe

Reaction score
Hi guys, thanks for checking out the article over on ToughPigs.com!

I can confirm that Scooter plays a role larger than the last few movies. Likewise, all of the Electric Mayhem characters have at least a few lines of dialogue each. I didn't find out anything about Rowlf, but Kirk Thatcher does like to put fan favorite characters in the backgrounds, so you never do know.

I did ask who would be voicing Scooter, but I didn't get a clear answer. Some folks thought it would be Ricky Boyd again, and some said David Rudman. I guess only time will tell on that one.

Oh, and regarding the pictures on the article, I pulled those off of Flickr, where you'll find some more great images from the shoot. Unfortunately, I'm not blessed with a digital camera, so I'm not able to use any of the ones I took until I get them developed.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I read the tough pigs thng and i got a few questions is this coming on this christmas season or next and I wonder if Jim Lewis is involved some way.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I read the tough pigs thng and i got a few questions is this coming on this christmas season or next
One thing that is perfectly clear, right now, is that the special will air during the 2009 holiday season.

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to this, but isn't it rather sudden? I wonder how long this has been in the works?

At any rate, I am extremely excited over this news. I think a Christmas special will bring the Muppets into the public eye. Christmas specials, from my experience, really tend to bring families together. And I by being shown on the NBC network, I think the target audience will be widened in comparison to Studio DC.

Eee! Excitement!

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Excitement grows in the heart of this Muppet fan.