Classic Muppets filming NBC Christmas special

theprawncracker

Reaction score
To each their own. I agree with Jamie in that The Muppets are at their best these days when they're messing around.
I do too! I was just pointing out that all of the Muppet feature projects or specials had sad moments in them that required some uplifting--which is what the Muppets do best.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I do too! I was just pointing out that all of the Muppet feature projects or specials had sad moments in them that required some uplifting--which is what the Muppets do best.
Sort of like how the Peanuts specials have had certain things always go wrong--Charlie Brown's team losing a ball game, Lucy pulling the football away, Schroeder treating lovelorn Lucy like garbage only to realize that she is his muse, Linus' first crush in Janice (ironically named, given the future RC Muppet sketch) getting cancer and nearly dying, Sally's love for Linus being unrequited, etc.--but yet, in the end, the gang happily ends up together, like in A Charlie Brown Christmas. Incidentally, since the Peanuts specials air on my NBC station, I wonder if the Charlie Brown special and this Muppets one will air back to back? ^_^

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Sort of like how the Peanuts specials have had certain things always go wrong--Charlie Brown's team losing a ball game, Lucy pulling the football away, Schroeder treating lovelorn Lucy like garbage only to realize that she is his muse, Linus' first crush in Janice (ironically named, given the future RC Muppet sketch) getting cancer and nearly dying, Sally's love for Linus being unrequited, etc.--but yet, in the end, the gang happily ends up together, like in A Charlie Brown Christmas. Incidentally, since the Peanuts specials air on my NBC station, I wonder if the Charlie Brown special and this Muppets one will air back to back? ^_^
...Right.

Anyway... :rolleyes:

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I adore Peanuts, but the comic and the TV specials and shows could be deeply depressing in a happy wrapper. It was around from the beginning... "Good 'ol Charlie Brown... How I hate him!"

What I liked best about VMX was the return of the Muppet Theater.

Sorry if I missed this, but does anyone know how long the Christmas special will be?

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Baby Gonzo said:
Sorry if I missed this, but does anyone know how long the special will be?
The Muppet Newsflash can be sited as saying an hour long special... wait, no it can't. But they do have an AWESOME new picture up on the article! ! ! So I'm not sure how long... I think somewhere said an hour long though.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Incidentally, since the Peanuts specials air on my NBC station, I wonder if the Charlie Brown special and this Muppets one will air back to back? ^_^
I thouhg ABC bought the rights to them and they only air on their network now.

Anyway, I'm so glad that this special is going to be an hour long! NBC always gives the Muppets a good amount of time!:smile:

Redsonga

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I adore Peanuts, but the comic and the TV specials and shows could be deeply depressing in a happy wrapper. It was around from the beginning... "Good 'ol Charlie Brown... How I hate him!"

What I liked best about VMX was the return of the Muppet Theater.

Sorry if I missed this, but does anyone know how long the Christmas special will be?
I don't see them as depressing, just realistic..but that could be because I am easily depressed myself, so I see that it was just suppose to be that way, not even with the happy wrapper part *lol*. Because even sad moments can be funny if you stop to think about them (not serious things like death, but little things, like being hungary all day, looking forward to an ice cream, and then dropping it)...

But to me, VMX was ten times more depressing..I just hope the new movie will not go that direction in its serious moments..realistic is one thing, but there is such a thing as being too serious I think :cry:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Well, one thing I've always admired about the Muppets is how they can go through even sad things ... and deal with it. It's been very helpful in my own life.