Classic Muppets filming NBC Christmas special

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Indeed. They withstand adversity very well.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Well, one thing I've always admired about the Muppets is how they can go through even sad things ... and deal with it. It's been very helpful in my own life.
It's not that I think they shouldn't go though sad things it's just..the type of sad that was in VMX to me was almost unmuppety. Or maybe it was the tone, but whatever it was, I didn't feel like it was handled the way the muppets would have...

Redsonga

Reaction score
*shrugs* Everyone--even our beloved Muppets--have moments in life when sadness takes control. 'Tis just one of the many Facts of Life, for you take the good; you take the bad; you take them both and there you have The Facts of Life...And it takes a lot to get them right when you're learning The Facts of Life.
-.-I said that the way the saddness was placed and handled in tone within the story seemed unmuppety:cry:. It just did not seem how a muppet story would deal with it...and I hope that never gets repeated :embarrassed:. I did not say anything about wanting no saddness at all :stick_out_tongue:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
-.-I said that the way the saddness was placed and handled in tone within the story seemed unmuppety:cry:.
Whilst I may be inclined to agree, others--including the makers of the film--tend to disagree. Such is life.

and I hope that never gets repeated
If it does, then it does. We may be fans and we may be able to get ourselves heard, but if the companies that produce these films want specifics things, then most likely said things will be included, unless all of us rally together against something (like--I dunno--the people possibly trying to seperate Kermit & Miss Piggy, as an hypothetical example).

I did not say anything about wanting no saddness at all :stick_out_tongue:
And I never said you did.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Whilst I may be inclined to agree, others--including the makers of the film--tend to disagree. Such is life
Since when does what the makers of the films feel have much to do with talking about how we feel about the movies on the forums here? (most of all the post-80's movies, where everyone has their own ideas about good and bad) :stick_out_tongue: Golly, there have been lots of movies made that the makers have loved but the public has hated :\. And just because some others disagree and love VMX should not mean I should never say anything about it and just say 'oh well, that is life' all the time -.-. We don't have to just agree with them all the time :smile:...

If it does, then it does. We may be fans and we may be able to get ourselves heard, but if the companies that produce these films want specifics things, then most likely said things will be included, unless all of us rally together against something (like--I dunno--the people possibly trying to seperate Kermit & Miss Piggy, as an hypothetical example).
Given how badly it did I don't think it will :smile:...and having the right muppety tone to saddness is a how other hill of beans from trying to break up a long running canon couple IMHO...one is an element of good storytelling with the muppets, the other is staying true to long running characterization :smile:..and the later is a harder thing to do I think, since the muppets have had to pass hands and so much does depend on who is playing them...

Anyway, I've sure they learned from VMX and OZ and will be making a good movie that everyone can enjoy..it's been so long since I've ever seen the muppets on tv during the holidays ...Since I was very little actually...

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Since when does what the makers of the films feel have much to do with talking about how we feel about the movies on the forums here?
Well, a lot of us care what the performers have to say in regards to what they do.
Golly, there have been lots of movies made that the makers have loved but the public has hated.
Agreed. And some even have cult-like followings to them, too.
And just because some others disagree and love VMX should not mean I should never say anything about it and just say 'oh well, that is life' all the time -.-. We don't have to just agree with them all the time.
And I never meant that you had to. To each their own and all that. We all have our own views and just because someone says one thing & we disagree, that doesn't make us any less of fans, in all honesty.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Well, a lot of us care what the performers have to say in regards to what they do.
Ah, the performers are one thing, but I was talking about the writers :wink:. After all, the performers can only do their best with what the writers give to them, and sometimes it seems that the newer writers, while they think they are making a good story, are really not the best sort of writers for the muppets..maybe other movies, but not always the muppets :\
Agreed. And some even have cult-like followings to them, too.
Of course, like Little Nemo does :smile:
And I never meant that you had to. To each their own and all that. We all have our own views and just because someone says one thing & we disagree, that doesn't make us any less of fans, in all honesty.
Of course not :smile:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
sometimes it seems that the newer writers, while they think they are making a good story, are really not the best sort of writers for the muppets..maybe other movies, but not always the muppets
Agreed. The same applies to other things, too. Like for WWE, the company hires these former NBC hacks that for the most part of the past few years, couldn't write a decent storyline, even if a great idea was shoved into their faces. ^_^

Granted, the company itself's been in a slump since the Attitude died, which makes writing storylines more difficult, but still, since these people were hired, they would do their best to pump out quality stories, but all we get is garbage (ex: The Fingerpoke of Doom, The Black Wedding, the Katie Vick story, the b@s+ard son angle, Vince pretending to die, etc.). XD

Redsonga

Reaction score
Well a good idea is one thing, but making that good idea into a good movie is another :smile: