Classic Muppets filming NBC Christmas special

Beauregard

Reaction score
Perhaps Peanut discussion could take place in a Peanut thread? I keep coming here to read updates, and finding that all we've had is Peanut talk...

Bea:zany:{*eats some salted peanuts*}regard

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Perhaps Peanut discussion could take place in a Peanut thread? I keep coming here to read updates, and finding that all we've had is Peanut talk...

Bea:zany:{*eats some salted peanuts*}regard
I agree.

So, if this special is one-hour long, that means about 43 minutes of actual show. How many songs do you think it will have and how Christmasy do you think they will they be? How will the writing balance turn out? Will it be enjoyable to both younger new fans and us vintage fanatics? :crazy:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I think three for four songs is a good number. One at the beginning, one when that plot takes off, one for the else or something at the North Pole, Maybe a Santa solo or something, and one at the end. But just a guess of course and based on personal opinion...

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well its going to be an hour long right? so i really hope that it is not to jam packed full of songs that it makes the stroy suffer, or the other way around.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Agreed. As said, like so many things now, this special will need balance.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I feel certain with Paul Williams involved it will be a good mix of song and story. I hope that, whoever has been involved in the Muppets.com and new Youtube.com videos, will be involved with this project!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I feel certain with Paul Williams involved it will be a good mix of song and story. I hope that, whoever has been involved in the Muppets.com and new Youtube.com videos, will be involved with this project!
I know that Jim Lewis has really taken credit for writeing the Muppets.com and Youtube videos. He was also the co-producer od Studio DC almost live. I don't know however if he is working on this christmas movie. Personaly if they are not useing Jim i feel that the movie will suffer some. Anything Jim does with the Muppets has that magic touch to it. He was the voice of the Muppets in the very populare Muppet Magazine, and I feel really brought back the origanal feel of what the Muppets where all about in KSY and AVMMX. He also did a wonderful job with Before You Leap. Jim also has taken what we have talked about in the Ask Jim threads, and really tried to use that in the Muppets.com videos. Why they have not made him the head Muppet writer is beyond my thinking, and by hiering new SNL writers is a real slap in the face to Jim and the other Muppet writers.
Now this is all my personal thoughts I haven't talked to Jim in a few weeks so He may be busy with this movie (I hope)

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I was thinking about that very thing recently Dwayne, and I have no idea WHY he wouldn't be writing this project...

UNLESS he was producing again, like he did with Studio DC, which would give him creative control over most of what the Muppets say and do in the special.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I was thinking about that very thing recently Dwayne, and I have no idea WHY he wouldn't be writing this project...

UNLESS he was producing again, like he did with Studio DC, which would give him creative control over most of what the Muppets say and do in the special.
Ya know i really hope your right about that Ryan. Being Jim's friend makes me a little byass about that but i really hope he is involved in some way. I would also love to see him Direct one day.