Classic Muppets filming NBC Christmas special

Libba Yuki

Reaction score
I'm thrilled to hear this news.

I've honestly loved every Muppet movie and special I've seen, and not once have I been let down since each and every one of them were wonderful to me and lived up to the Muppet name.

I can't wait to see this one!

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
It appears that Rowlf is in the background again in this. Hope I'm wrong. :sympathy: I'm just so happy and shocked that they can fit all these guys into an hour-long special! And man, Scooter is featured in several of the new pictures! :wink:
I wouldn't be surprised if Rowlf somehow made is way with the rest of the gang at the of the film, like how he suddenly showed up in the wizard of oz film.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Those pictrues at Muppet Newsflash makes me more excited! I hope Rowlf has some action, and the EM Band performs well, and I'm ready to jump a hoop to see Scooter has some action!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I read somewhere that they where going to keep Rowlf silent, in respct to Jim. If that where the case though, I feel they should have kept Kermit silent. It would be great to see Rowlf make a great comeback like DR. Theeth is trying to do, but i think he needs more time. Not just Rowlf, but i think Bill needs to really get in tune with Rowlf, before he really starts using him a whole lot. Rowlf is going to be a lot like Bobo, in his manerisums but i still think Rowlf needs a lot of work before makeing a comeback.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Speaking of Bobo... I'm glad he's back too. I really think that OZ would have been a tad better in Bobo appeared as Jeffery Tambor's assistant in the end. I think the scenes between him and Bobo in MFS were some of the best points in the movie.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I read somewhere that they where going to keep Rowlf silent, in respct to Jim. If that where the case though, I feel they should have kept Kermit silent. It would be great to see Rowlf make a great comeback like DR. Theeth is trying to do, but i think he needs more time. Not just Rowlf, but i think Bill needs to really get in tune with Rowlf, before he really starts using him a whole lot. Rowlf is going to be a lot like Bobo, in his manerisums but i still think Rowlf needs a lot of work before makeing a comeback.
I disagree, actually. I think if Bill is given the chance to have a scene as Rowlf he'll really shine through. When Rowlf appeared in a segment on "From the Balcony" and performed "The Christmas Party Sing-Along" on the "Green and Red Christmas" album he was very, very Rowlf-like, and I think the only way to keep him like that is to keep giving him scenes.

Drtooth said:
Speaking of Bobo... I'm glad he's back too. I really think that OZ would have been a tad better in Bobo appeared as Jeffery Tambor's assistant in the end. I think the scenes between him and Bobo in MFS were some of the best points in the movie.
Agreed. Bobo and Tambor had great timing and chemistry, and Bobo is just an all-around great character to have back.

matleo

Reaction score
I just noticed something in the pictures at MNF. Look at Animal. Is it just me or dies he look properly hairy. Not bald like in the early 90s and not overly-shaggy like on muppets.com He actually looks like Animal again. Excellent!

--Matt

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I disagree, actually. I think if Bill is given the chance to have a scene as Rowlf he'll really shine through. When Rowlf appeared in a segment on "From the Balcony" and performed "The Christmas Party Sing-Along" on the "Green and Red Christmas" album he was very, very Rowlf-like, and I think the only way to keep him like that is to keep giving him scenes.

Agreed. Bobo and Tambor had great timing and chemistry, and Bobo is just an all-around great character to have back.
Well maybe I'm wrong about Rowlf and Bill.

Honestly I don't dought Bill as a preformer, and the times I have heard him do Rowlf I thought it was great. I thought Rowlf was at his best in the Game "Muppet Party Cruise" where he had a pretty big part in that game.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
That would have been great if Bobo and Jeffery had scenes together, again....Maybe they could make a reference from Muppets In Space and say something like this:

Bobo: You're not bad as the wizard.
Jeffery: Thank you. I do try my best.
Bobo: Much better than the government agent you played in the last muppet film you were in.
Jeffery: Thanks, I think? (Jeff has a baffled look)