Pre-Order The Christmas Toy DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
^ Those dark hallways STILL make me nervous XD And when I was a kid I decided to someday have a family room that looked just like that. Still hasn't happened yet :wink:

Because of this special, "Old Friends, New Friends" is one of my all-time favorite songs. And it's just not Christmas if I don't hear "Celebrate The Season With Kraft" (among the other commercials that escape me at the moment) during commercial breaks.

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
The "Jim Henson's Christmas Classics" banner is interesting. I wonder what else they might release under that series.

Aren't all other Christmas specials with the Muppets?

petrieboy

Reaction score
Unedited in the UK

You can find a multi region dvd player for about 40 dollars these days. If you have one you can own the unedited version. Both "Muppet Family Christmas" and "Christmas Toy" were released on one disc a few years back, and they are both unedited. Unfortunately the dvd is out of print, and will cost you more than the dvd player on Amazon.co.uk.

anytimepally

Reaction score
The "Jim Henson's Christmas Classics" banner is interesting. I wonder what else they might release under that series.

Aren't all other Christmas specials with the Muppets?
There's still Mr. Willowby's Christmas Tree and The Great Santa Claus Switch .. though I think the Ed Sullivan people own The Great Santa Claus Switch

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Santa Claus Switch would make a wonderful DVD release as many fans haven't seen it and most of the copies floating around are of fair to poor quality.

Rugby

Reaction score
I was going to email HIT! and ask them if the DVD was going to be edited, but it appears only members of the press are allowed to email them now. I have emailed them before, so it appears they no longer wish to deal with the general public. Is there any way someone from Muppet Central could ask HIT! this very simple question?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll see what I can find out through several contacts...

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I was going to email HIT! and ask them if the DVD was going to be edited, but it appears only members of the press are allowed to email them now. I have emailed them before, so it appears they no longer wish to deal with the general public.
Ouch...

zns

Reaction score
Santa Claus Switch would make a wonderful DVD release as many fans haven't seen it and most of the copies floating around are of fair to poor quality.
Yeah, the copy I have is kind of glitchy and has a few hiccups every once in a while, but I still enjoy watching it.:smile:Maybe we should contact Ed Sullivan Productions or JHC and say something. But anyway, I am dying to see if Kermit will be added to "The Christmas Toy" DVD release. Can't wait to get results.:excited:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
^ Those dark hallways STILL make me nervous XD And when I was a kid I decided to someday have a family room that looked just like that. Still hasn't happened yet
Aw, lol. Yeah the house was pretty classic and those kids had a pretty well stocked playing room, heh. Almost seemed wrong for them to keep getting more toys every year! :stick_out_tongue:

Because of this special, "Old Friends, New Friends" is one of my all-time favorite songs.
Oh definitely, never get tired of it, it's such a reminder of a simpler time in life :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.