Pre-Order The Christmas Toy DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrogInTheGlen

Reaction score
I'm excited to hear about this one being released! My mom bought the VHS years ago, but I was the only one of the "kids" who really liked it. :smile: Now, if only we could get a reasonably priced, unedited version of "Muppet Family Christmas" in the US, I'd be happy.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
I got thinking today at work that since theres NEW people running The Muppets Studio at Disney maybe they'll have a diff view and alow Kermit in this NEW "Christmas Toy" dvd? :confused: hmmmmm...:smirk:

wemblingalong

Reaction score
I really hope this version is NOT edited like Muppet Family Christmas. :mad: I have fond memories of The Christmas Toy in 1986. It was the last Christmas with my mom before she lost her battle with cancer. :cry: This special gave me comfort in an otherwise terrible time. What a great special it was. "PEW IT'S MEW!":smile:

ploobis

Reaction score
Santa Claus Switch would make a wonderful DVD release as many fans haven't seen it and most of the copies floating around are of fair to poor quality.
That would be a great DVD release for many reasons.

1. It was The Muppets first Christmas Special.

2. Gonzo makes his debut before he became The Great Gonzo. :concern:

3. It features The Frackles.

4. It's a great Christmas Special.

5. It would be a treasured DVD for the true Muppet Fan! :smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Steve Whitmire talks about the DVD release of The Christmas Toy! He didn't get to do any bonus features, but he had some great things to say:

I loved working on that show. That was just one of those Toronto productions during Fraggle time. It was a great break from Fraggles, because it was such an intense shoot. We had great fun on Fraggle Rock, but it was intense. And we went off to do this other silly thing, and the hardest thing for me was that Jim wanted me to do this little mouse. And to come up with a voice for this little mouse that wasn’t Wembley or Rizzo (Laughs), it’s like what am I going to do now? It was Rizzo in falsetto, is what it ended up being. I probably couldn’t even do the voice now. My voice has changed, and I know they sometimes change over the years, but my voice has changed and it makes it hard sometimes to do some of those older voices.

TP: Do you ever go back and watch some of the old stuff like that?

SW: I do, and I don’t think I even have a VHS of [The Christmas Toy], I’d love for that to be on DVD.

TP: Yeah, we’re very much hoping it’s going to be unedited.

SW: Yeah, me too.

Status
Not open for further replies.