On Writing Fan Fiction (Discussion)

Redsonga

Reaction score
I have a/some question (s):
What to you makes a one shot a one shot? The fact that it is all done in one part or the fact that it stands on its' own? When does a one shot become just a normal short story? And then, when does a short story get to be called just a full size story? Is it based just on word count? I know answers to most of these questions for offline fiction but not so much for fanfic...

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I don't know if there's an actual definition. I just consider it a single story with a beginning, middle, and end by the end of the first post.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I short of think of one shorts as being stories that never link up to any bigger story or series..like they can stand alone and be a part of the universe, but no one has to read anything else you write to 'get it' :smile:

Redsonga

Reaction score
How are everyones' stories coming along? :smile: I just found all my little notebooks I start mine in so everything is going pretty well :3

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Well, I'm debating how long to deal with mine. Moulin is thinking of going over others' heads to fix certain problems. I don't want to get too heavy-handed with it, though. I'm willing to think that I'm about 3-6 chapters away from being done.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I've been thinking of writing a FR story, but I don't think I'd to the show justice (plus, I can't think of a story to focus on :stick_out_tongue:).

Redsonga

Reaction score
I've been thinking of writing a FR story, but I don't think I'd to the show justice (plus, I can't think of a story to focus on :stick_out_tongue:).
I never thought I could ether and here I am *lol*:excited:
I recommend watching the series two times through before you start, that is my (crazy) method :3. And then, watching the episodes you want to draw the most on in your story a few times more (using an episode as a spring-broad for an idea will help to make it feel more connected naturally).
It is funny, but after you watch a certain number of episodes is easy to get into the overall feeling of the shows songs IMHO (plot is fine and dandy but songs are the heart of FR I think:excited:).

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
You know what? Somebody needs to write a Cotterpin/Whatshisname (LOL, I can't remember his name - he's Cotterpin's Doozer friend) fanfic.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Oh gosh, I can only imagine what would happen if I started to write doozer fanfic to :confused:
The weird thing is I don't even really like the doozers but it seems like whenever I write about characters I dislike it is some some of my best writing...
Now Cotterpin/ Large Marvin I might do some day, not only because it is just so odd but it is pretty much canon for at least one episode :3

RedPiggy

Reaction score
*coughEmergency of Doozer Domecough*

Technically, this is a play by and for humans, so I don't know whether to assume the plot takes place in my universe or not. However, it stars Cotterpin. She wants to make a name for herself by building the first Doozer amusement park. However, other issues come up....

edit: Wrench is Cotterpin's friend.