MC Community: Where is it going?

Teheheman

Reaction score
Seems to me we just need to use our best judgement on what we think we can say and what we shouldn't say. Me, personally? I will say just about anything, but just tell me if you have a problem with something I've said. I don't mind either apologizing or defending my statement, just don't go behind my back and say anything bad about me or complain to others when you can just say it to my face. Again, LOVE EVERYBODY

Daniel

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I'd like to make a quick statement about the religion and homosexuality points brought up, and if they're deemed inappropriate, I will understand if they need to be edited or deleted, even though I think it's important.

I was brought up in a very religious family and like many Christians, was taught homosexuality was wrong.

When I learned Richard was gay, I was troubled because I didn't know how to feel because I couldn't wrap my mind around how someone who loved life so much and brought so much joy and happiness into the world could possibly be "evil". I befriended a guy who is gay, but at the time I didn't know that and I talked to him about my confusion with trying to understand the situation. He told me how Jim and the Muppet's message was all about love and acceptance before coming out to me. In other words, it was actually the Muppets who taught me to accept all people, regardless of their life stye, and my friend and I now have a great friendship because of it.

The Muppets shattered my prejudice and discomfort and opened my mind and my heart. I'm not saying that means MC should be a place where these topics should be debated or even discussed, but I can't help think I'm not the only fan who's had an issue with this.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
The Muppets shattered my prejudice and discomfort and opened my mind and my heart. I'm not saying that means MC should be a place where these topics should be debated or even discussed, but I can't help think I'm not the only fan who's had an issue with this.
You're not at ALL the only fan, Dave. In fact, I had a very, VERY similar experience. It took The Muppets and Sesame Street and Fraggle Rock to remind me to accept everyone--no matter what. Without them I wouldn't have had two of my best friends (who are now two people I don't speak to at all... but that's another story :stick_out_tongue:).

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
How about we get back on topic? Thanks!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I'm still surprised that this thread is 12 pages long of posts and nothing positive has come of it yet. A circle of conversation hasn't promoted the website or better feelings, and I don't understand why it's going on and on.

I agree with Pooh that we all have to be respectful of each other's feelings and opinions, but be constructive with your opinions and share happy thoughts. The discussion about everything that's wrong is problematic to me, moreso than I think is sharing the problematic feedback from posters.

If the thread doesn't turn around and begin promoting the more happy feelings the website and forum are meant to share, I'm going to move to have it closed. It's not worth keeping this thread open if it doesn't have a positive place in the community other than to let people vent about how rotten they think moderation or the forum is.

Redsonga

Reaction score
But if we are all just sharing the truth, good or bad as we see it, how can the topic itself be bad? :frown: Whatever we are talking about will still be here, even if the topic is gone...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
When I learned Richard was gay
I knew he was! I mean, I didn't KNOW for a fact until you pointed it out, but I always suspected he was.
I'm still surprised that this thread is 12 pages long of posts and nothing positive has come of it yet.
Nine pages for me, but then again, I'm on the 20 posts per page option, instead of the default 15.

But obviously, there's still TOO much "human drama" going around MC right now, and it's going to take a while to tone it all down, apparently.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
I'm still surprised that this thread is 12 pages long of posts and nothing positive has come of it yet. A circle of conversation hasn't promoted the website or better feelings, and I don't understand why it's going on and on.
I agree with you there Kev, but I don't think this thread should be closed down. I DO think that some AWESOME ideas for promoting MC have come up in this thread--it'll just take efforts to get them made into a reality.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
When I learned Richard was gay,
*Moderator Hat On :busy: "
It is an assumption only, it wasn't publicly notified to anyone as such and we cannot say he was. This is also one of the reasons we have the rule about not discussing Muppeteer lives because the assumptions of never released information create rumors and more, plus his family posts here and I don't think it would be a nice thing to see strangers posting about something like this.

*Moderator Hat Off*
I understand what you mean about the Muppets and more teaching us to break down barriers and allow friends from all walks of life nearer to us.