What would it take....

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Well, Baby Bear is one of The Three Bears, so of course we would have to like porridge. He's not just a non-fairy tale chrcter who has an obsession with porridge; it's part of his story.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I was thinking maybe they could put Big Bird in a regular segment. After all, he used to be in 'Journey To Ernie' when they had that. There was also season 33 when he opened and closed the show. If they could do that again, they could still give Elmo and Abby enough time and Big Bird would still be a principal character.

ISNorden

Reaction score
Well, Baby Bear is one of the Three Bears, so of course we would have to like porridge. He's not just a non-fairy tale character who has an obsession with porridge; it's part of his story.
You have a valid point there, but then Baby Bear's chair and bed are also important parts of the original story: why didn't the Sesame Street writers also give him an obsession with furniture (especially with others using/breaking it)?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I was thinking maybe they could put Big Bird in a regular segment. After all, he used to be in 'Journey To Ernie' when they had that. There was also season 33 when he opened and closed the show. If they could do that again, they could still give Elmo and Abby enough time and Big Bird would still be a principal character.
I wouldn't want him to seem like he is limited to where he could appear. Plus I just thin it's works better when random people open and close the show instead of only one person.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I guess I just miss when the street stories felt less like they had a format they followed, they use to just sort of flow into all the clips and the stories made each of the characters seem like a part of a big family...now a lot of them seem to keep to themselves or only be friends with a couple of other characters while doing one or two topics they always seem to do...

ISNorden

Reaction score
I guess I just miss when the street stories felt less like they had a format they followed, they use to just sort of flow into all the clips and the stories made each of the characters seem like a part of a big family...now a lot of them seem to keep to themselves or only be friends with a couple of other characters while doing one or two topics they always seem to do...
Yes, that's exactly what feels wrong with Sesame Street now: toddlers may need orderly structure, but carried too far the structure becomes dull and predictable. Some classic characters (Simon Soundman and the Count) were designed for single roles, but that shouldn't happen to everybody in the cast: I'm afraid that the latest generation of Sesame Street viewers will grow up thinking of Cookie Monster as the "alphabet/nutrition teacher", Murray as the "bilingual vocabulary teacher", and Gordon and Oscar as the "end-of-show announcers". If the producers keep using multi-role characters to teach the same lessons every time, then everyone will eventually get pigeonholed into one part of the curriculum--making Sesame Street much less watchable than before.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
That's how the cirriculum works these days and has done since "No Child" was passed, sadly. Not even our precious Street is safe, as noted.

Redsonga

Reaction score
That's how the cirriculum works these days and has done since "No Child" was passed, sadly. Not even our precious Street is safe, as noted.
But if No Child worked everyone would pass school and I know for a fact that is not happening:sympathy:. As such I don't think this new style is the best thing for SS...

wwfpooh

Reaction score
But if No Child worked everyone would pass school and I know for a fact that is not happening:sympathy:. As such I don't think this new style is the best thing for SS...
As much as I would agree, the new style is what's running things.