What Sketches Made You Laugh?

Grundgetta2800

Reaction score
Now here's one that's hilarious:

How about an "Elmo's World" episode about Fast & slow! If any of you saw this, you might think that it wasn't funny, but it was to me!
IDK about that one... But do you remember loud and quiet with :smile:Kermit "MR. Green Frog! Mr.Green Frog!" and "Mr. Green frog hurt Elmo's feelings" I laughed, because it reminded me of my sometimes manic husband.

StreetScenes

Reaction score
i seem to remember laughing at a scene with oscar and danny devito standing on a sidewalk unable to get a cab, and devito yelling at a passing driver "who do you think you are, mario andretti?"

it was one of those many times when the reference was for the grownups and i didn't get it, but dad laughed, so i asked him why it was funny and he explained it to me, and as soon as i was in on the joke the grownups were laughing at, it became the funniest thing in the world to me.

Grundgetta2800

Reaction score
How many is two? Then it shows the kids w/ 2 ice creams...and so on...THEN the guy has 2 pies and falls down. I thought that was the funniest thing I ever saw when I was a kid.
That baker scene used to upset me, because I thought it was a waste of good pies... Now its funny to me.

Grundgetta2800

Reaction score
i seem to remember laughing at a scene with oscar and danny devito standing on a sidewalk unable to get a cab, and devito yelling at a passing driver "who do you think you are, mario andretti?"

it was one of those many times when the reference was for the grownups and i didn't get it, but dad laughed, so i asked him why it was funny and he explained it to me, and as soon as i was in on the joke the grownups were laughing at, it became the funniest thing in the world to me.
Was that the same skit where Oscar and Danny Devito try to out laugh each other?:grouchy:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Anyone remember the U for Uniform animated sketch? That guy's voice just cracks me the heck up... and now that I've seen it again, he sounds like Herbert from Family Guy.

And how he says, "Baseball Uniform! Band Uniform! Football Uniform!" in sort of a weird rhythm... that kills me. I don;t think they intentionally made it that funny.

StreetScenes

Reaction score
Was that the same skit where Oscar and Danny Devito try to out laugh each other?:grouchy:
no, that one is on youtube and it doesn't have the line. and i specifically remember the line because i remember that's how i learned andretti was a racecar driver and devito played a grouchy guy on taxi. but it might have been from the same episode. it's on the same theme of bonding over grouchiness--they were taking turns yelling at cabs that wouldn't stop (but they weren't even trying to hail them, they just enjoyed insulting them). in my head i seem to think it wasn't at oscar's usual spot, but more like the set where they came out of the subway in the christmas eve on ss, but i could be wrong about that.

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Anyone remember the U for Uniform animated sketch? That guy's voice just cracks me the heck up... and now that I've seen it again, he sounds like Herbert from Family Guy.

And how he says, "Baseball Uniform! Band Uniform! Football Uniform!" in sort of a weird rhythm... that kills me. I don;t think they intentionally made it that funny.
LOL! He does sound like Herbet, but he isn't really the best person to teach children something is he now...

Grundgetta2800

Reaction score
no, that one is on youtube and it doesn't have the line. and i specifically remember the line because i remember that's how i learned andretti was a racecar driver and devito played a grouchy guy on taxi. but it might have been from the same episode. it's on the same theme of bonding over grouchiness--they were taking turns yelling at cabs that wouldn't stop (but they weren't even trying to hail them, they just enjoyed insulting them). in my head i seem to think it wasn't at oscar's usual spot, but more like the set where they came out of the subway in the christmas eve on ss, but i could be wrong about that.
Yeah sometimes those oldies are hard to remember... Did you know that Oscar was based on a cab driver? Carroll Spinney got the idea after riding in a new york cab with this grouchy cab driver. Danny Devito plays an excellent grouch himself, but I think Oscar takes the cake, in the end :grouchy:

CBPuppets

Reaction score
Sesame Street has sure gave us something to smile at over the years.

Kiki

Reaction score
True, dat. The other day on PWMS, Ernie called Bert yellow and Bert says something like, "I'm actually GOLDEN" lol!