Skeksis Chamberlain Figure

Fluffets

Reaction score
Got mine today from "entertainment earth". I would agree with the statements above. It is a good detailed figure, the head is spot on, I had no "warped feet" or anything, he stands without a hitch (thankfully so many other NECA figures continue to just fall over). Most of the details are in the clothing, but, yes, it is a bit "dodgy" the further down you go on his front torso. But what more can you expect from an "action figure"?

One things for sure....that wafting smell of paint sure did explode out of the box as soon as I opened it, after taking a deep breath, and seeing some stars and unicorns I managed to breath "thanks Neca". You can always count on a "paint high" every time you open a figure from them.

All in all a fairly good sculpt, that doesn't fall over, and is sprinkled with details here and there, especially on the outer cloak (similar to The Goblin Kings capes/cloaks). I would have loved to have seen him holding his "sword" and in his traditional red cloaks, but perhaps that is an item to come...
If he's not in traditional robes then maybe he could be used as just any skeksis, and for people interested then maybe if possible you could get more and have all the skeksis, but I guess we shall wait and see if there is any more different skeksis on the way.:big_grin:
I might get this figure at some point.:big_grin:

Laszlo

Reaction score
would have loved to have seen him holding his "sword" and in his traditional red cloaks, but perhaps that is an item to come...
Me too. Dont know why they alsways sculpt him without his red cloaks (check out the Plan B bust) :confused:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
This is the first and only Skeksis Action Figure to be released ever! I've waited 27 years for this. I sell all sorts of action figures for a living these days and nothing on him seems dodgy to me. He's the iconic version of the character I remember from one of my favorite films. Those Sideshow Gelfling dolls on the other hand were hideous, performed poorly and helped kill retail interest in Dark Crystal for years. I can understand everything about the choice and design of this particular character for Neca. This is the Holy Grail of Dark Crystal merchandise IMHO. :scary:

DoctorBizz

Reaction score
I heartily agree! I am extremely pleased with how the Chamberlain turned out, and I am keeping my fingers crossed that NECA releases a few more (heck even one more) Dark Crystal figures.

A Mystic or Aughra would have a similar visual appeal even to those unfamiliar with the film, and I could even see some cross over appeal in Jen & Kira figures. I just hope the sales will prompt a second release if one is not already planned. I am hoping NECA will show something new from Dark Crystal at SDCC.

This is the first and only Skeksis Action Figure to be released ever! I've waited 27 years for this. I sell all sorts of action figures for a living these days and nothing on him seems dodgy to me. He's the iconic version of the character I remember from one of my favorite films. Those Sideshow Gelfling dolls on the other hand were hideous, performed poorly and helped kill retail interest in Dark Crystal for years. I can understand everything about the choice and design of this particular character for Neca. This is the Holy Grail of Dark Crystal merchandise IMHO. :scary:

DTWolf

Reaction score
I agree that the "torn and shredded robes" version is Chamberlain's iconic look. Since we're not likely to get more than one Chamberlain figure, this was the look to choose.

I also thought I'd mention that if anyone's interested in customizing more Skeksis "friends," you might want to use the head (and maybe more) from the Jackal Major figure in McFarlane's Halo 3 series:

http://mcfarlane.com/toys/product.aspx?product=3654

I'm even tempted to say this figure is a "Skeksis guard" from some pre-movie age when there more of the creepy villains around—but of course I'm just making that up out of my own head. (Call it Dark Crystal: The Expanded Universe.)

cabbageheat

Reaction score
I know its not a "figure" but I sure would love NECA or someone to come up with a crystal shard prop. I've seen a few here or there, not sure if their "authentic", but one from an official company would be fantastic. Why no ones jumped on this is beyond me. A Kira/Jen sculpt or action figure would be questionable. It is ridiculously hard to get their faces right for some strange reason, unless they have Froud's wife to actually do the sculpts, I think Ken/Kira figures will always tarnish the DC line of toys. I've never seen one that's any good.

Laszlo

Reaction score
I know its not a "figure" but I sure would love NECA or someone to come up with a crystal shard prop.
I agree. I do a have an authetic shard, but its so rare I dont really want to touch it. LOL!

Laszlo

Reaction score
Ok, I just got the figure today and here is my short review:
- Sculpt-Details: PERFECT and ACCURATE!
- Paint: Good, but can be better (for a USD 15.- figure its perfect).
- Moving parts: Arms are cleverly designed, tail can be bent, head can only move a bit.
- Package: Way to large for my taste, lots of empty space. Photography is very good.

So, this is the first really accurate Dark Crystal figure! :smile:

Reaction score
I really need to get to the scifi shop that sells stuff like this or buy the item online. Either way i need to buy him!

I hope they bring out the high priest and scientist, would love to see them as figures too. :insatiable: