Save the Fozzie Replica

Would you buy a full-size Fozzie Bear Photo Puppet Replica?

• Yes. money is no object

Votes: 123 45.2%
  • Yes. if he is $400-$600

Votes: 40 14.7%
  • Yes. if he is less than $400

Votes: 92 33.8%
  • No

Votes: 17 6.3%

• Total voters

Telly

Reaction score
I'm always SO impressed with your work, Keeermit

Telly

Reaction score
I might have to bend a few "rules" to get myself a Fozzie. :smirk:

Davina

Reaction score
heh.. hubby has teased me with the idea of looking into commissioning a puppet (or poser) version of the two of us from time to time.. might be interesting to commission a few such items (furry or otherwise....*aghem*)

hoopless

Reaction score
Hey all, i've been lurking the last month or so hoping to see some progress with fozzie cos i need him and as hope is fading i just decided its time to get involved and register my support.

the advertisment of this whole range has been really poor. granted i hadn't been particularly looking for them, but you shouldn't have to look if they market them properly. i only found out about the photo puppets when i saw kermit and animal in the window of forbidden planet back in june and thought they looked amazing. i've yet to own any of them being on the poor side of wealthy, but i got a job to fund pre-ordering fozzie after seeing the prototype photos only to find i've potentially been working a hideous shift pattern that changes daily for no bear at all :frown:

really hoping they get their acts together

xXx

Hat Sharpener

Reaction score
Quality

I know people are touchy about this subject, but here's my opinion...

It's all about the quality for me. The Kermit Replica was a homerun - absolutely fantastic, worth every penny. Animal came out, and not being the biggest animal fan, I passed. Plus, there was something that just wasn't quite right about his face. Then, the one I was the most excited for, Gonzo. I'd saved money for this one...

I know a lot of people on the board love their Gonzo, but I just couldn't stomach shelling out that much money for something that was of that level of quality. It was a very fine posable plush, but far, far from a "replica." Some people have tweaked out Gonzo with pupil position, lip coloring and stuff to get him closer, but still the face shape and nose texture isn't right, IMHO. This is particularly disappointing, having seen the original prototype, photos of which were passed around previously. It was fantastic.

My original plan was to get the main three - Kermit, Gonzo and Fozzie, but MR is going to have to work pretty hard on likeness and come in at a decent price point to warrant my purchasing of Fozzie. On a positive note If they DO make a Fozzie worth my money, I would reconsider Gonzo as well.

Sorry to be a bit of a downer, but I don't think I'm alone on this one, so there it is...

- Derek

Neil565

Reaction score
I'm coming late to the party...

Other than economic woes, what is holding Master Replica's back from creating a Fozzie? I plunked down money for a Kermit, and there are a few I would love to lay down more money for. Elmo, Fozzie, Statler and Waldorf, and Animal for starters :smile:.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I still think the poser marketing strategy was wonky from the start. The Kermit seemed to get a strangely slow start, but he did okay. He should have done a lot better and such things like the Kermit Tour should have happened at the beginning rather than the end of his run.

Gonzo's nose issues set the release schedule in turnaround. There shouldn't have been so much research and development. A replica doesn't have to be 100% authentic in materials, but it does have to look right. With modern advancements in plastics and prototyping it could have looked right at nearly the same expense. Maybe less!

The other easily avoidable QC issues with eye focus, shells, brows and facial proportions that missed Terry's fabulous designs were only heightened by the marketing photos used to sell these items. Heck, I wouldn't show any of those pictures to friends except to mock how truly terrible they look.

The truth is, these posers are gorgeous and I am honored to have them in my collection even with the necessary tweaks. The fact of the matter is that it is becoming increasingly unlikely. Once these prototypes leave Terry's skillful hands most every other element of production has failed the product in one way or another. Somebody over at MR or another company has to ask themselves if these posers are worth the effort. I think they are, but there's no going half-way with them.

Can they truly pick things up, cut the losses and come back with at least one last Fozzie?

Reevz1977

Reaction score
It's pretty obvious what the flaws have been so far with MR's marketing(?) of these posers. My question is, what can we, the fans, do (if anything) to help this line survive? I think AWARENESS is vital to the lines success. If people aren't aware they are available then how can they buy them? Thats why I think a blanket email awareness campaign can do no harm is raising this lines profile. If done correctly it could snowball the interest in these awesome replicas.