Save the Fozzie Replica

Would you buy a full-size Fozzie Bear Photo Puppet Replica?

• Yes. money is no object

Votes: 123 45.2%
  • Yes. if he is $400-$600

Votes: 40 14.7%
  • Yes. if he is less than $400

Votes: 92 33.8%
  • No

Votes: 17 6.3%

• Total voters

Nick22

Reaction score
the bear is way too long overdue. but im worried about when/if he comes, he will be a lot of money. i dont have any money to be spending away. i have like $60 saved up. and my list of things that i want to buy is ridiculously too long. and my birthday isnt till december. and plus, my parents wont buy me a $400+ fozzie replica let alone any of my other relatives. i already have gonzo, animal, fao whatnot, the comic book, and supplies to make my own puppet near the top of my list. then season 1-3 of the muppet show on dvd, then i have the continuation of my action figure collection after that, and lastly the fraggle dvd box set. and then ill probly sneak in some cheap plush and some cool collectible stuff between that stuff. and that is A LOT of money to be spending. my parents dont seen to understand how much i want these things when my birthday and christmas come around. and i get $3 a week for my chores, with most the time i dont do. my dad said i might be able to get a summer job, but i dont know where the **** he's gonna put me! no one's gonna want me to work for them. plus, isnt it illegal for me to get paid anyway? im sorry im telling u all this and its WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY off topic, but its late and im bored and dont wanna go to bed. sorry

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
You never know Nick...there are jobs out there for your age I guess...are you at least 16? You can do what I did when I was a kid, I mowed neighbors lawns for the spring and summer. Also asked if they needed help with anything. Maybe your dad can come up with something as well. Don't feel alone, with todays economy, I understand, I just got laid off of my job and looking for work at the moment. It is a tough world, but you might be lucky and find something soon.

Good luck!

Davina

Reaction score
some places will hire kids as young as 14 during the summers, though there aren't many places that will. you'd have to ask around.. but as mentioned you could do yard work for neighbors, deliver newspapers, walk dogs, etc. as well.. even younger then 14 for some of those.. all kinda depends on local regulations and options..

Telly

Reaction score
I think it'd be cool if the new company released Reporter Kermit or even if they made different clothes for the posers.

Ignohippo

Reaction score
That'd be fine if they wanted to release a Reporter Kermit, but I hope they release Fozzie first. I understand why they'd want to get a Kermit of their own out there but, if these are truly high-priced high-quality replicas, the market has already been saturated with the original.

Money isn't necessarily a problem for me but I'm not going to spend another $200+ for a second Kermit and I'm sure most of the folks who have the MR version would feel the same way. If the MR version sold out in a week then I could understand it but that wasn't the case. I just don't see a demand and I'm afraid the line would die again before it even gets going.

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
I would see no need for a reporter Kermit OR standard Kermit to be released again. It would be better to get the current buyers to get a different character than have a reissued character. I could not see him selling quick and as mentioned it could halt the line again. Just make Fozzie next!

Bear Man

Reaction score
That'd be fine if they wanted to release a Reporter Kermit, but I hope they release Fozzie first. I understand why they'd want to get a Kermit of their own out there but, if these are truly high-priced high-quality replicas, the market has already been saturated with the original.

Money isn't necessarily a problem for me but I'm not going to spend another $200+ for a second Kermit and I'm sure most of the folks who have the MR version would feel the same way. If the MR version sold out in a week then I could understand it but that wasn't the case. I just don't see a demand and I'm afraid the line would die again before it even gets going.
That is exactly my fear.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
It's is a Muppet merchandising imperative that the famous frog is stocked along side other characters. I do hope Fozzie's next on the market, but he (along with the future of the posers) might depend on the availability of a Kermit poser to accompany him. It's been a while since MR launched the enterprise so it will likely need a frog-reboot in some form. I'd be fine without him, but I've seen first hand how Muppet items (even posers) sell. You'd be amazed at the difference in sales of all Muppet merch when Kermit is adjacent to it. Fans have preferences and ideas, but in the end the toy company must see enough of a profit margin. Kermit provides that green thumb of success.

A good remedy would be to release Fozzie with the promise and promotion of a Reporter Kermit if bear sales are healthy.

Ignohippo

Reaction score
A good remedy would be to release Fozzie with the promise and promotion of a Reporter Kermit if bear sales are healthy.
My thoughts exactly. Heck, even take the promo photos with the two posers together – just come out with Fozzie first.

If they do come out with a Reporter Kermit, it would also be a good idea for them to sell Kermit's jacket and hat separately – with a very steep profit margin. If done right, they may actually make more money on the accessories than they would make on a new Kermit poser.

I'm sure they'd rather sell the poser, but it'd be silly to miss out on the market of the folks who already have the MR version.