SST 40th Anniversary Event

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Just double-checked our tickets - my family and I are going to be in row K, orchestra, too.

As for public transit, Melissa, it looks like you'll end up taking the bus if the weather closes in. Wayne's on the Montclair-Boonton rail line, but I don't know how feasible that would be, depending on where you're coming from - and I'm not sure how far the university is from the station. Besides, the info we got with our tickets recommends the bus.

Wait a moment - Steve, are you going to be coming to this after all?
Thanks for the information. It's ok. I think driving is going to be our best bet. We're going to be coming in from Manhattan. We actually ended up getting a hotel room in Wayne, NJ as a precaution to the weather as well. I'm sure if it's really horrendous they'll end up canceling the event, but trying to keep positive that all will go smoothly!

Neil565

Reaction score
Boy am I glad I Saw this.

Questions since I just ordered my ticket. I think this is the same area we saw Double Dare live in back in the day, heh.

- Are Video Cameras allowed? I've got my Hi-Def Camcorder Sony SR11 ready to go...

- Is it only a discussion, or will there be a picture opportunity/autograph opportunity afterwords?

- Anyone know how long it's going to be?

Thanks!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score

Questions since I just ordered my ticket. I think this is the same area we saw Double Dare live in back in the day, heh.

- Are Video Cameras allowed? I've got my Hi-Def Camcorder Sony SR11 ready to go...

- Is it only a discussion, or will there be a picture opportunity/autograph opportunity afterwords?

Thanks!
Did you get a confirmation email yet? They should have a way to contact the school for questions. Good luck!

Neil565

Reaction score
All I've gotten so far is an order Submisison email saying I will get a confirmation soon. They havn't charged my card yet, so here is hoping. Frank Oz Alone could fill up two nights worth of events with stories :smile:.

I also checked the website and some events do say you can bring cameras, but I sent them an email asking just in case... This is exactly where we saw Double Dare live with Marc Summers way back in the early 90's.

MelissaY1

Reaction score

Thanks!
I'm gonna wager they will probably have the standard rules of no video/photography allowed but I'm sure thats' not going to stop people.

As far as photo ops/autographs, I had emailed one of the women in charge of these seminars at the college. She told me the following: Thank you so much for your interest in the Distinguished Lecturer Series at William Paterson University. I can’t extend an opportunity for you to meet the cast in January. The reception after the program is only for our VIP guests and Partners of the Series. I am sorry! I hope you enjoy the program!"

Of course this doesn't mean we as fans can't wait outside or something and try. I know I will be!

As for how long it's going to run, I can't see it going too much longer past 9, 9:30 if it starts at 7 and starts on time.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
I know - my father really wants to bring along his cameras, even though my mother's repeatedly told him that it's unlikely they'll permit photography. He even suggested, since I'm a reporter, that I offer to cover it. But the thing is, Wayne's not on my beat, and I'm pretty sure that The Record or one of the other papers in the group will have someone on it.

But it's true, there is a chance that we can get to say hi or something. And since this one's actually in New Jersey, and since it's also a tribute to Richard Hunt, perhaps there's a chance that Jane Hunt will come by. Who knows?

mbmfrog

Reaction score
I might not be able to go since it so far away from where I'm from. :sympathy:

Still can anyone see if they might have a moment to take any fan questions ?

MelissaY1

Reaction score
I know - my father really wants to bring along his cameras, even though my mother's repeatedly told him that it's unlikely they'll permit photography. He even suggested, since I'm a reporter, that I offer to cover it. But the thing is, Wayne's not on my beat, and I'm pretty sure that The Record or one of the other papers in the group will have someone on it.

But it's true, there is a chance that we can get to say hi or something. And since this one's actually in New Jersey, and since it's also a tribute to Richard Hunt, perhaps there's a chance that Jane Hunt will come by. Who knows?
Yeah I work for a photography archive in NYC but I have no special press passes or anything from them. All I have is a business card, but I wouldn't want to get my company involved in any way either. I'm not going on business unfortunately...

Neil565

Reaction score
Aww man, still no confirmation email. How long did it take for everyone else?

I'm guessing they don't process stuff on the weekends...

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
It might be a weekend thing, if nothing comes on Monday, I'd email or call to confirm.