SST 40th Anniversary Event

StreetScenes

Reaction score
Wow. The teacher workshop looked cool. I agree, it did seem to be mroe relaxed and comfortable there compared to the evening lecture.

I actually am an elementary school educator, and I think I would have actually been more likely to go to that than the evening lecture (although it would have been great to meet Frank Oz).

Again, please if anyone knows, how did people register for the teacher event, and was there any cost? If an event like this happens again at a college or university not too far away from me, I will definitely ask about any additional events for educators!
it was run through the edu dept at wpu, so any publicity was separate from the evening one. i only found out about it b/c stephenjlizard mentioned it in a post, so i immediately searched their website & bought tickets an hour and a half before they closed. i have no idea how he found out about it, because it wasn't mentioned on the main page. but as an educator, you didn't miss anything. they literally told the exact same stories they retold in the evening, and the moderator's questions weren't helpful for teachers anyway. it was a missed opportunity in that sense.

out of all of the ss gang, bob does the most work with teachers. (though they didn't let him talk about it at the wpu teacher workshop...) i know he frequently does workshops focused on music education, and he mentioned that he had just done one a few days ago. but i can never find these either. he doesn't publicize them on his website or anything. i guess it's up to the group that books him to do publicity, but i search online fairly regularly and i never find anything until after the event. sigh.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I also quite enjoyed Marty and Kevin's bemusement of Richard's initial loud, over the top performance of Elmo, "ME WANT PLAY!" Lol I see can why some of the writers had been pondering, "What is he doing with that character?" Hehe

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Somebody took some video footage of the event! Here are his three clips! :insatiable:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JokoRecords
Oh wow! Too funny there! I know I was laughing at it!

I also quite enjoyed Marty and Kevin's bemusement of Richard's initial loud, over the top performance of Elmo, "ME WANT PLAY!" Lol I see can why some of the writers had been pondering, "What is he doing with that character?" Hehe
Haha! That's too funny! I can just see that! :big_grin:

ToughPigsJoe

Reaction score
That was me who shot those videos, by the way. The one with Oscar and Elmo is cut short because an usher told me that if I didn't put the camera away, they would ask me to leave. Hopefully someone out there got away with filming some more of the show!

Oh the risks we take to preserve history!

CoOKiE

Reaction score
Congrats! And i could tell that there were times were you were hiding the camera. Go YOU!

Thank you for recording the memories of that night.

Heres the funny thing. There were video cameras from the staff working there. I'm sure the school has a copy of the whole night... i wounder if theres going to be any use out of it

AlastairCookie

Reaction score
Can you please tell me more?

What a GREAT, and LUCKY event!

First off, let me say that if the seats where not so small, I could have sat there for 4 hours listening in on stories :smile:....

Then, the lucky part...the after party. I went in with everyone else to the manor, and just waited for the guests to show up. I was so ****** nervous, I hope I didn't make an *** out of myself in anyway...

Hey, I WISH I could have gone! :insatiable: Although I knew about this months ago, because a friend of mine who works at Sesame told me about it, I couldn't go, since I live about 6000 miles away. Therefore, i'm depending on all those who went to PLEASE post every sordid detail (I.e. a full play-by-play). Neil, what do you mean about the after party at the manor? what manor? was this only open to a few people? How did you manage to get in? details please! :wisdom:

ploobis

Reaction score
What a GREAT, and LUCKY event!

First off, let me say that if the seats where not so small, I could have sat there for 4 hours listening in on stories :smile:....

Then, the lucky part...the after party. I went in with everyone else to the manor, and just waited for the guests to show up. I was so ****** nervous, I hope I didn't make an *** out of myself in anyway...

First up, I decided to let the line for Frank Oz thin out a bit and go see Bob and Carole for the Picture taking session. I got to tell Carole that my favorite song as a kid was I Love Trash, and I got a verse of it out of him :smile:. I REALLY hope that picture came out good....I don't even remember the flash going off as I was in such an awe :smile:...

Next, I found Kevin Clash. I told him that I loved his work as Master Splinter, and asked why Jim Henson didn't come back to do the third one..Unfortunatley he didn't know, but they had a great time on the first two and would have loved to do #3.

Finally, Frank Oz. I showed him an old Star Wars based picture with a test Yoda masked that he remembered the moment of, and got to ask a quick question of what it was like working with George Lucas. Very shy man, considering the characters he plays...

All in all, a GREAT night...Thank you for posting it..
Did you take any picture at the after party? I would love to see them! I couldn't go to the after party because of the cost.

Neil565

Reaction score
That was me who shot those videos, by the way. The one with Oscar and Elmo is cut short because an usher told me that if I didn't put the camera away, they would ask me to leave. Hopefully someone out there got away with filming some more of the show!

Oh the risks we take to preserve history!
Thank you Mr.Joe :smile:.....

I offered to film the entire thing in HD to some of the staff, but sadly they declined. I can understand though if they just tell the same exact stories at each event...

I was thinking of sneaking audio out, as mentioned earlier, but figured they'd see the light from the recorder and decided not too..

Neil565

Reaction score
Did you take any picture at the after party? I would love to see them! I couldn't go to the after party because of the cost.

I was thinking of asking Frank too, but I didn't see anyone else taking pictures other than in the designated spot, so I thought it might have been kind of rude to ask him.

If I ever get another chance at it, though..I'm asking anyway :smile:.