Hopes for The Muppet Show Season 4

Da Dogster

Reaction score
well there are two questions for this.
1. when is the street date for season 4?
2. who would you say will be on the cover?

I can guess on 2 but need help on one. I think it will be a toss up of Animal or Gonzo. Who do you think? :halo: :concern:

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that we'll see season 4 come out on DVD at the beginning of March if all goes well. :concern:

rexcrk

Reaction score
I expect and hope that Gonzo is on the cover for Season 4.

I don't think I'd want Animal on the Season 5... although I can't think of who else SHOULD be on Season 5 (probably either Rowlf or Scooter).

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
I think that Gonzo should be on season 4 and Scooter should be on season 5. Though an Animal cover has potential to look cool... and would probably attract people's attention.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Gonzo will make of the covers. I would like Scooter for the other cover, but I could also go for a Beaker or a shifty-eyed Sam. I think Rowlf is a longshot because a brown fuzzy box might not attract the eye as much. I also think a Dr. Teeth closeup would be cool! However, it's likely to be Animal.

David French

Reaction score
I think we're jumping the gun here a bit as it hasn't even been 12 months since Season Three was released on DVD.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Gonzo will make of the covers. I would like Scooter for the other cover, but I could also go for a Beaker or a shifty-eyed Sam. I think Rowlf is a longshot because a brown fuzzy box might not attract the eye as much. I also think a Dr. Teeth closeup would be cool! However, it's likely to be Animal.
Gonzo or Animal seem to be the way they'd go. Most likely Animal over Gonzo. I agree, though. Dr. Teeth would be outtasight. And instead of flocking, just give him a "Gold" tooth (similar to TMS season 2's lettering).

What I hope is they dig out the archives and get some more rare stuff. i do NOT want to see any of the Studio DC stuff. I mean, if there's one thing I hate about the new releases of Disney movies is they always have to have one of their "stars" massacre a classic song as a bonus feature. The Muppet show does NOT need that sort of thing on there.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I think we're jumping the gun here a bit as it hasn't even been 12 months since Season Three was released on DVD.
Why is discussing the possible art and features for the probable and eventual season 4 release jumping the gun? The DVD will likely be released sometime in the next 5-8 months. We're all talking about the Fraggle and Muppet theatrical films and there's still no final script on either yet. Are we to sit on our hands and wait to discuss them? This is a forum after all. Free discussion and speculation is what we do and I don't see that stopping anytime soon. :big_grin: I don't understand the complaint seeing the number of alternative threads one can contribute around here. :confused: Such discussion should be encouraged. :flirt:

ploobis

Reaction score
Gonzo or Animal seem to be the way they'd go. Most likely Animal over Gonzo. I agree, though. Dr. Teeth would be outtasight. And instead of flocking, just give him a "Gold" tooth (similar to TMS season 2's lettering).

What I hope is they dig out the archives and get some more rare stuff. i do NOT want to see any of the Studio DC stuff. I mean, if there's one thing I hate about the new releases of Disney movies is they always have to have one of their "stars" massacre a classic song as a bonus feature. The Muppet show does NOT need that sort of thing on there.
I AGREE! If they put the Studio DC stuff on DVD fine, But give it it's own DVD release!

We need more Rare Archive Muppet stuff on DVD! I'm still hoping that Disney will release the Original Un-Aired Versions of The Juliet Prowse and Connie Stevens Pilot Episodes (If they can find them).

I would also love to see more of those hilarious Muppet Show Promos on the next Muppet Show set!

And I'm guessing that Gonzo will make the cover of the season 4 DVD.

David French

Reaction score
Why is discussing the possible art and features for the probable and eventual season 4 release jumping the gun? The DVD will likely be released sometime in the next 5-8 months. We're all talking about the Fraggle and Muppet theatrical films and there's still no final script on either yet. Are we to sit on our hands and wait to discuss them? This is a forum after all. Free discussion and speculation is what we do and I don't see that stopping anytime soon. :big_grin: I don't understand the complaint seeing the number of alternative threads one can contribute around here. :confused: Such discussion should be encouraged. :flirt:
Do you know for a fact that Season Four is being released in the "next five to eight months"? Season Three hasn't even been released in either Australia or New Zealand.

Disney have not said a word about when/if Season Four is being released next year, so I think we're better off waiting until such time as we receive confirmation that Season Four is on the way.