Hopes for The Muppet Show Season 4

Drtooth

Reaction score
Pepe as a cover would make about as much sense as splashing Elmo's face on an Old School release (from the 70's, of course). He wasn't in the show, and with the exception of Bonus features, he's not featured on the disks at all. No doubt it would be Gonzo or Animal, since that seems to be how they usually market things...

zns

Reaction score
Pepe as a cover would make about as much sense as splashing Elmo's face on an Old School release (from the 70's, of course). He wasn't in the show, and with the exception of Bonus features, he's not featured on the disks at all. No doubt it would be Gonzo or Animal, since that seems to be how they usually market things...
I agree, :concern: or :halo: are probably going to end up being on the cover of the last two season releases.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Yeah, Pepe should not at all be on the cover, although, I won't be surpise if Disney did seek him in just cause he's such a popular Muppet now. Sesame Workshop did put Elmo on the cover of the new "Follow that Bird" DVD, even though he's in that movie for about a total of 20 seconds, :rolleyes:.

I still think Disney should do a whole blow out of characters for the cover of season five, I just think it would be way cooler.

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
I know Pepe is a pretty popular character and all, but I still don't think he's as recognizable as Animal or Gonzo even in the public eye.

I like Pepe, but I just can't see him working on a cover. Even on a Muppets Tonight DVD. I would rather see Clifford. He's far more colorful and eye catching.

Actually, I think it would be interesting to poll potential customers who are not impassioned Muppet fans.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah, Pepe should not at all be on the cover, although, I won't be surpise if Disney did seek him in just cause he's such a popular Muppet now. Sesame Workshop did put Elmo on the cover of the new "Follow that Bird" DVD, even though he's in that movie for about a total of 20 seconds, :rolleyes:.
Hey, the Garfield and Friends DVD collection had a picture of Arlene on one of the disks. While Arlene did have a 10 second non-speaking cameo, she was never used in the show for some weird, complicated reason (Hense why Penelope was created).

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I agree, Pepe wouldn't work. I like him, don't get me wrong, but he didn't even exist yet so it'd make little sense for him to be on the cover of something he was never in. Sorta like sticking scenes in a trailer that are never actually seen in the movie.

muppet baby

Reaction score
wow i like the thought of having all the muppet chartors that have been in all 5 seasons of the muppet show on the cover would be the best .

i really hope they do that but with the ways that the covers have been going that probly will not happen . i love the covers so far though the specal edions with the fir on the boxs that is great . The only one that i missed was season 1 for that but the others i have gotten those two where the best with the fir so far .

Andibcool

Reaction score
Well i only hope it gets released in the US, UK or Australia.

In germany there was a release date ( 28.2.2006) 3 years ago for season 1 but got delayed over and over again for no reason ( well nobody said why ) and at least Disney Germany did chancel it.

Oh by the way i own 3 seasons from 3 different countrys.
The first DVD box i got was from USA Season 3 at preorder price very cheap. I think it was 25$ plus shipping in 2008.
the 2nd box was Season 2 from Australia i ordered in december 2008 at the big sale on Ezydvd for 25 AU$ plus 3$ shipping. Around 18$ in total.
Season 1 i did order last month from the UK for only 13 Pounds and 2 shipping. thats around 21,5 $.

I think i like the US Box most but the others are good too.
The Australian ones are a whole plastic case with holders for the DVDs inside.
The UK box actually has 4 slim cases and a paperbox around.
The US box you guys should know i think its a digipack.

The picturequality and episodes are the same the only difference is US box runs in NTSC while the other two run in Pal.

Beside that i think subtitles and language settings are a little different but thats it.

Anyway i would love to have the boxes with german dub.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I don't mean to complain or sound impatient or cause an uprising or anything... but...

Season 3 was released on May 20, 2008. It hasn't been a year yet since it was released, so we might still be on the "one-a-year" schedule. However, it has been over a year since season 3 was announced... and there's still been no announcement (or even a rumor) about season 4's release.

Hopefully, we'll see season 4 on dvd sometime this Spring. Maybe the Summer at the latest. But I can't help but worry that they might hold back until the Christmas season. And it would be a real shame if they wanted to wait until the promotion of the new Muppet movie to release season 4.

(hopes to see an announcement in the next couple of weeks)

muppet baby

Reaction score
Well i only hope it gets released in the US, UK or Australia.

In germany there was a release date ( 28.2.2006) 3 years ago for season 1 but got delayed over and over again for no reason ( well nobody said why ) and at least Disney Germany did chancel it.

Oh by the way i own 3 seasons from 3 different countrys.
The first DVD box i got was from USA Season 3 at preorder price very cheap. I think it was 25$ plus shipping in 2008.
the 2nd box was Season 2 from Australia i ordered in december 2008 at the big sale on Ezydvd for 25 AU$ plus 3$ shipping. Around 18$ in total.
Season 1 i did order last month from the UK for only 13 Pounds and 2 shipping. thats around 21,5 $.

I think i like the US Box most but the others are good too.
The Australian ones are a whole plastic case with holders for the DVDs inside.
The UK box actually has 4 slim cases and a paperbox around.
The US box you guys should know i think its a digipack.

The picturequality and episodes are the same the only difference is US box runs in NTSC while the other two run in Pal.

Beside that i think subtitles and language settings are a little different but thats it.

Anyway i would love to have the boxes with german dub.
Thank you so much for giving the revews of all the county box set of mupppet shows seasons that you own .

I have been wanting to know about some revews of what people thoguht who owned , sets from several different counteries .

i really love this show so much , it was my all time faverite show before Dr Quinn Medician woman came out so now i have 2 all time faverite shows now LOL .

That is really the truth.

I really hope that season 4 comes out soon world wide for everyone .

i really hate to hear about the fact that the release has not come at all for Germany for the Muppet show that reaally sucks .

This show is a timeless classic full of fun Muppet magic for the entire family that Can bring Joy in Good times and bad i know that the show has done that for me and always will .