Great Muppet Caper T-Shirt @ Urban Outfitters!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Yep, that's right. There's a Great Muppet Caper T-shirt at Urban Outfitters right now! I spotted it last night while shopping with my fella and bought it. It is the classic picture of Gonzo, Kermit, Fozzie and Miss Piggy on the motorcycle crashing through the paper. The movie title is in its famous red font over them. Other than the fact that it is meant to look faded, there is no text on the newspaper or credits at the bottom this is the classic poster on a beige T-shirt. The tag has the current branding; the copyright date is 2008 and listed as Muppets Studio LLC. It retails for $32 at the store. The fabric is very soft and thin. The small is a tad snug, but I work out regularly. If you like your T-shirts baggy you might consider going up a size I suppose. Just thought I’d clue you in. Urban Outfitters is one of the stores listed in the NY Times Muppet push! It has begun… :smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
:excited: Will there be anyway to get this shirt online?
Not so far, but I did get by Adidas Kermit shoes from the Urban Outfitters online store a few years ago so who knows? I'd expect to see some of these shirts pop up on Ebay. They do have an iron on transfer without the Muppet Caper logo, but I don't think it's officially licensed.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
You have to post pictures of the Kermit shoes, Froggy. I have to see that!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
You are quick! Thanks!

I love those green shoes! I love them! I wish I had the extra $80 to buy them, and I'd get 'em.

tomahawk

Reaction score
Yeah, the shoes are cool. The Adidas jacket is great too. I'm gonna check my local Urban Outfitters for the shirt.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yay! I just love seeing my childhood gentrified so I can't afford it! :big_grin:

It's probably a nice T-Shirt and all, but gimme a 10 dollar Kohl's shirt any day. They're pretty good quality, they have all sizes, and they have one heck of a selection (most of the time). Hey, I got a Thundercats T-shirt on clearance for less than 4 bucks. Looks like the same thing they'd sell at Hot Topic for 5 times as much.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
My cousin just showed me this AWESOME shirt tonight online! I can't wait to get one!

http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urba...ate&navCount=264&navAction=poppushpush&color=

As I've been looking around their site I also found a Cookie Monster tee!
I'm wearing mine right now! I will admit that the red does seem to bleed in the logo just a teeeeny bit and the image is intended to look washed out. Also, the site calls it "true fit" and shows the hem riding down fairly low on the model. Mine's a small and it's pretty short and tight. The fabric is soft and thin. I love this shirt, but keep in mind the small is neatly snug on this froggy's 5'10 tall / 30 jean size / 150lb frame. They do sell other sizes, but that model is likely wearing a large...maybe a medium.