Your Thoughts: It's Hard Out Here for a Shrimp

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Good I'm glad that helped you out. I know it sure helped me.

Telly

Reaction score
My friend won't buy action figures from Hot Topic cuz he's embarassed. I figure it like this ~ If they didn't want people to buy it, they wouldn't sell it. :search:

muppetguy

Reaction score
Telly, plus the group at Hot Topic are a kind of group that doesn't usually criticize what others do. You know what I mean? It's a good thing.:smile:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
You know i have never had a problem with anyone at Hot Topic. The people there have always been extremly nice. In fact they are the most nice people in the mall most times.

Telly

Reaction score
Haha for my roommate's birthday a few years ago I had boughten him Flava Flave figure cuz he was a huge fan of Flavor of Love on VH1. When I brought it up tot he register, the guy was like "Flavor Flave, huh?" and then he kinda chuckled. I didn't know whether or not it was sarcasm or what.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well I'm a cashier at Wal mart, and sometimes people will bring up so interesting things. Sometimes it is hard for me not to comment on what they are buying, but as a Servent of the public ya have to Whatch what you say and how you say it. Usaly the best way to handle things like that is the "If you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all" deal.
However some cashiers are not like that, and don't care how the customers feel. When that is the case you will get experiences like the one you did.

Now as a customer I have found that if i bring up the item in a converstaion myself, then it is more of an ice breaker. Then the cashier will be able to ethier laugh or make some comment on what your buying. Hope that helps.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I remember one I I was buying things for cookies and the cashier was commenting on how I much of had a sweet tooth, She was right, so I couldn't argue... :big_grin:

muppetguy

Reaction score
I absolutely LOVED the book. It is a very quick read but was laughing quite a bit. I wish that they had poser pics of him or at least the drawings be in color. I recommend this book to everyone here. Now I am anxiously awaiting Piggy's book which I hope has pics in it like Kermits had.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
What i wonder is how the sales of this book have done, and how they have done compared to Kermit's book.

Davina

Reaction score
Just ordered my copy at amazon the other day.. have shipping confirmation, so should be getting it any day now... ok, officially, i ordered this as a Christmas present for my hubby (we've got his daughters for Thanksgiving this year, and then he deploys, so we're doing Christmas over Thanksgiving.. so yes.. early stuff....)
can't wait for it to show up.. Pepe is one of our favs.. (even named one of the dogs - see avatar) after him.. she totally has his personality, in that all things must revolve around her.. hehehe
can't wait for the next books in the "series" as well