Your Thoughts: It's Hard Out Here for a Shrimp

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Just ordered my copy at amazon the other day.. have shipping confirmation, so should be getting it any day now... ok, officially, i ordered this as a Christmas present for my hubby (we've got his daughters for Thanksgiving this year, and then he deploys, so we're doing Christmas over Thanksgiving.. so yes.. early stuff....)
can't wait for it to show up.. Pepe is one of our favs.. (even named one of the dogs - see avatar) after him.. she totally has his personality, in that all things must revolve around her.. hehehe
can't wait for the next books in the "series" as well
Thats a very sweet stroy do you mind if i send that to the Ghost writter Jim Lewis i think he would love to hear that?
Also, My prayers are with you and your husband and his kids. I know that this must be a interesting time in your lives, and I pray that God will keep him safe.

Davina

Reaction score
sure, hubby'd love the idea :smile:
and thanks. it will definately be an interesting year. we've ripped all our muppet dvd's to a hard drive for him to take with him, and I'll be watching them a lot this year while he's gone as well. they've always been a part of our marriage and should be a fun way to stay connected while he's gone.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Great There is also something that may help your kids im not sure there ages, but anyways Sesame Workshop Relessead a wonderfull set of DVD about familys dealing with a member of there family going to serve there country. They did a wonderful job, and I think it would be good for any family going through this young kids or not. Steve Swanson even featered it on one of his Muppetcast's and it was really good. If your interested i will give you some more info.
I will send Jim your all's story tomorow!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I finally broke down and ordered my copy from Amazon. No store is actually stocking Pepe's book on their shelves and every time I ask about it they tell me they can order it. Why bother when I can do that. I really would like to support Muppet product by purchasing it in a store and being seen doing so, but they'd rather stock books by Bill O'Reilly. Let me tell you, Pepe's head could very well be full of stuffing but there's more wisdom in that prawn's antennae than in all of Bill-O's books combined. :rolleyes:

Davina

Reaction score
that'd be great dwayne. We've got the dvd, they gave it out at deployment training along with a bunch of other stuff.. unfortunately, my step kids are "too old" for it.. (10 and 14, 19 and 21.. and the grandbaby is too young at just under a year.)
we've managed to keep them convinced that muppets in general are still cool and ok for older kids/adults.. but when it comes to SS, they aren't buying it... (cept on clothes and stuff..) but, i quite liked it :smile: thought it was very well done

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I finally broke down and ordered my copy from Amazon. No store is actually stocking Pepe's book on their shelves and every time I ask about it they tell me they can order it. Why bother when I can do that. I really would like to support Muppet product by purchasing it in a store and being seen doing so, but they'd rather stock books by Bill O'Reilly. Let me tell you, Pepe's head could very well be full of stuffing but there's more wisdom in that prawn's antennae than in all of Bill-O's books combined. :rolleyes:
I understand what your saying, and I really hope that Disney works harder on getting the good product out there. Yes orerding things online is fine, but some of us really love going to a store and getting the item we want, and paying cash moneys for it.

Telly

Reaction score
I was in Barnes and Noble tonight. I couldn't find Pepe's book. I didn't bother asking cuz I think I'm getting it for Christmas so I wouldn't be buying it. Just curious, what section would the book be in? I dig that Kermit's is in the Self Improvement section!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Got this book this morning. I'm digging the new format, and the pearls of wisdom (Good thing Prawn's can hold their breath when pearl-diving, eh?) I'll probably put some more thoughts in the Jim Lewis thread. Over all, I loved it, and it was worth a read!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Got this book this morning. I'm digging the new format, and the pearls of wisdom (Good thing Prawn's can hold their breath when pearl-diving, eh?) I'll probably put some more thoughts in the Jim Lewis thread. Over all, I loved it, and it was worth a read!
Well Beau I must say that I have missed seeing your questions at the Ask Jim threads, and can't wait for your return.

Davina

Reaction score
woohoo.. it came today! :smile: just pulled it out of the mail, so now i'm going to have to sit down and read this today.. (though am going to force myself to wait until after i give the dogs their baths.. or that will never get done.. heh...)