Your Thoughts: Fraggle Rock Complete Series Collection

RedRocker

Reaction score
I'm so bummed. I was gonna save up and buy it, right, but I looked on Amazon today, and it's a region 1 DVD. My brother got round this once, but I don't know how. May I remind you I live in England. Anyone else got round this problem? The DVD players in our house are my Vaio laptop, my Dad's PC, my Brother's PC, my mum's identical laptop, our PS3 and my brother's DVD player, but I don't know what the make is.

Redsonga

Reaction score
There are..ways:coy: . One type you have to know the make of, and the more easy was is just getting a region free player (which are very cheap now and let you play any DVD in the world :3)

RedRocker

Reaction score
Has everyone fixed their scratch problem some how, now? I really want to buy it, and I would also have to buy a multi region DVD player, but that's not too much of a problem. No, my problem now is if I brought it from Amazon, they would be scratched, and may not work. And then I can't send it back or get a refund. I think I'm gonna have to
A) Buy the individual sets (I think they have them in my local HMV
or B) Find a shop in England (Preferably my town. :wink:) Where you can buy the full set.

Or even do a C) and wait until most people say they have recieved theirs with no trouble. :smile:

muppet_dk

Reaction score
you won't find a shop in the UK that sells the full set, you can thank the European Union for that, they made it illegal to sell other region codes than region 2 from shops in Europe.

In Europe region free DVD's are quite easy to get. The cheapest on the market are all more or less region free, it's only the quality brands that are region coded.

Redsonga

Reaction score
you won't find a shop in the UK that sells the full set, you can thank the European Union for that, they made it illegal to sell other region codes than region 2 from shops in Europe.

In Europe region free DVD's are quite easy to get. The cheapest on the market are all more or less region free, it's only the quality brands that are region coded.
I don't think it is quite legal even in the US now that I think of it..which is a bit silly since they are still official somewhere and not bootlegs. But I guess they figure if they are not the government getting the money and the UK, Japan, AUS is then it might as well be:embarrassed:. Still, it is a branch of the same company so I don't see anything wrong with it:smile:...

muppet_dk

Reaction score
I don't think it is quite legal even in the US now that I think of it..which is a bit silly since they are still official somewhere and not bootlegs. But I guess they figure if they are not the government getting the money and the UK, Japan, AUS is then it might as well be:embarrassed:. Still, it is a branch of the same company so I don't see anything wrong with it:smile:...
Well before EU stepped in it was legal over here. However Hollywood complained, that their European distributors lost money, because you could buy a movie on R1, around the same time when the movie would premier in the theaters. So thats why EU decided to step in to stop the sale of R1 in the EU. I do know a Danish store, that are fighting with EU about the rule for the past years, they want to sell R1 dvd's in their stores and have taken the case before the courts.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Well before EU stepped in it was legal over here. However Hollywood complained, that their European distributors lost money, because you could buy a movie on R1, around the same time when the movie would premier in the theaters. So thats why EU decided to step in to stop the sale of R1 in the EU. I do know a Danish store, that are fighting with EU about the rule for the past years, they want to sell R1 dvd's in their stores and have taken the case before the courts.
It seems that some movies are the other way and Europe gets them first..I think if everyone was on the same timeline we might not have to go over seas :smile:

Mr Devco

Reaction score
I don't own it yet and I'm hoping it goes down in price. Till then my library has the first three sets. I plan on waiting for a complete Muppet show set as well.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I don't own it yet and I'm hoping it goes down in price. Till then my library has the first three sets. I plan on waiting for a complete Muppet show set as well.
That's great that your library has the first three sets; I wish mine did!

I did get the box set for Christmas, and so decided to donate my own season sets to my old Preschool. I wasn't entirely sure they would take them, so I wrote an impassioned email about why Fraggle Rock is still relevant to children today, hehe. Thankfully they accepted and appreciated the offer. :smile:

There are a lot of people who haven't been able to buy the first three sets yet, nevermind the box set, so I definitely recommend donating them to a school or library. :smile:

Mr Devco

Reaction score
That's great that your library has the first three sets; I wish mine did!

I did get the box set for Christmas, and so decided to donate my own season sets to my old Preschool. I wasn't entirely sure they would take them, so I wrote an impassioned email about why Fraggle Rock is still relevant to children today, hehe. Thankfully they accepted and appreciated the offer. :smile:

There are a lot of people who haven't been able to buy the first three sets yet, nevermind the box set, so I definitely recommend donating them to a school or library. :smile:
I hope you kept the sketchbooks