Vault of Puppets Lawsuit

CB Boy

Reaction score
Has anybody else seen this yet? Looks like Disney is finally laying the legal smackdown on the infamous Muppet replica builder on ebay.

Conor IX

Reaction score
I hope they don't get sued by Disney, yeah, make them stop, but I can't imagine the kind of money they'd try and get off them. I think it's good that there are people selling replicas. People want them, I want them... If I had a load of money to spend, I'd probably buy one. It's not like they're taking any business away from anyone!

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Sigh....I deliberately didn't post this here to avoid kicking up an old debate.

The correct link to the blog post is http://www.puppetvision.info/2008/11/muppet-replica-lawsuit.html

The thing is, Muppet Studios owns the characters and controls the commercial rights associated with them and they've decided to sue someone they believe is infringing those rights. Moral outrage and legal arm chair quarterbacking not withstanding, those are the facts.

Conor IX

Reaction score
Totally. I completely understand that. Still doesn't outweigh my lust for an actual muppet replica.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
There's clearly a demand...maybe they will do something through the FAO Schwartz store eventually?

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
regardless of personal feelings they were warned ,

but in the words of Nelson Muntz.

"HA HA"

Convincing John

Reaction score
regardless of personal feelings they were warned ,

but in the words of Nelson Muntz.

"HA HA"
I'm just glad I'm not in that guy's shoes. I don't have the time or talent to make my own Muppet replica puppets...plus I'm kind of scared to make one of my own, even just for myself. I don't want Disney's lawyers swooping down on me! (If they felt like it they could go after any Joe Shmoe, no matter how small...after that day care incident)...

BUT I'd sure buy a licensed Muppet puppet from FAO Schwartz! (Granted they'd make 'em good enough like they did with the Fisher Price Rowlf and Eden Kermit puppet).

Companies can make good quality Muppet puppets...so why don't they? If they did, this lawsuit could've been prevented.

But for now, I'll just echo Ravagefrackle: "HA HA".

Convincing John

Kevin the Frog

Reaction score
Yes, no need to bring up that debate again. I will say that since Vault of Puppets was so "brazen" as Andrew put it in his post, and they were advertising through google adwords and selling through Amazon . . . they took it WAY too far. They were asking to be busted.

Reaction score
IF you make it for your self then you should be good to go... JUST DON'T SELL IT... I could be wrong