Statler and Waldorf Ornament at Hallmark

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I just have one question about the sounds... What are some of the things this ornament says?

Is it some things from the show or do they heckle your tree?:big_grin:
They're comments from the show, though insulting the tree would be cool! :sleep::boo:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Technically I think it's recordings of Steve and Dave made for this or other products. I hope they say more than one phrase, but the sculpture is beautiful.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Is it definitely Steve and Dave? I thought it was the original voices from the sound of it. And they were using dialogue that was on the Muppet Show. Hmm

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
It sounds like them to me, but I could be wrong. Hearing it over my laptop sounds like new cast.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Is it definitely Steve and Dave? I thought it was the original voices from the sound of it. And they were using dialogue that was on the Muppet Show. Hmm
I check it every single time. It is the original dialogue. I swear I've heard them say half that stuff the thing says before. Thing sounds much clearer in person, i guess. (and yes, if they insulted the tree, mundo laugh riot).

I wonder who they got to do the Looney Tunes ornaments, though. I can REALLY tell that Tweety and Daffy were not voiced by Joe Alasky (the semi-official for both characters, for that matter, Taz wasn't Jim Cummings either), and they are far from old recordings.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
S&W dialogue is Steve and Dave on the hallmark site..when u buy the ornament its Jim and Richards S&W recordings from TMS :smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
S&W dialogue is Steve and Dave on the hallmark site..when u buy the ornament its Jim and Richards S&W recordings from TMS :smile:
Heh, ok that's weird. You're right, on the site it's definitely Steve and Dave. I'm going to check the ornament in the store again.

No offence at all to Steve and Dave, but I would have preferred the original voices. I mean last year's ornament with Piggy and Kermit was from the original Muppet Movie.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Heh, ok that's weird. You're right, on the site it's definitely Steve and Dave. I'm going to check the ornament in the store again.

No offence at all to Steve and Dave, but I would have preferred the original voices. I mean last year's ornament with Piggy and Kermit was from the original Muppet Movie.
I'm with you there and I don't think the new performers would be offended. I prefer they use original recordings for such product soundbites. I can see why they don't, but Disney has to consider a person that the average person that would buy this Statler and Waldorf ornament would be used to the classic voices. I'm glad they used them. :smile:

Kermieuk

Reaction score
I got one of these in Hallmark shop near Century 21 in NYC, I got the last one and was surprised they still had it after reports on here that they were sold out.

Just got home to the UK and put in the batteries and it doesnt work?

Hopefully its faulty batteries, I'll try and get it to work.

At least I managed to find one!

Its interesting, after the years that Disny have owned the Muppets, this ornament still has the Jim Hensons Muppets logo and the Jim Henson Company Copyright, no mention of Muppets holding Company!

Chris

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Hey Chris,

Did you enjoy New York? Hope you had a great time - I went last year and cannot wait for a return visit!

I have asked for the Statler & Waldorf Ornament for Christmas off the Missus - I'm not holding much hope as she cannot stand shopping on the net!

Glad to see you back on the forum