Statler and Waldorf Ornament at Hallmark

Drtooth

Reaction score
Good news and bad news... I can safely say why it's going for scalper prices online, and because it is selling out left and right (which is why I couldn't check to see if the ornament used archival recordings). That said, if it does sell out, the good news is that they could just as well make more Muppet ornaments just like it in the future.

And I really hope so... a Talking Chef one would be amazing.

Drtooth

Reaction score
BUMP... It is indeed, Richard and Jim as their respective characters, in case no one has already got it. In fact, it even has the "Stuio audience" laugh still in tact with the recordings.

daniel4ever

Reaction score
ornament has no sound

Hi Everyone! I am new here. I purchased this ornament back when it first premiered, but did not open it until last Sunday, and discovered the sound does not work.

Of course, the store had none to exchange it with, and offered to give me a refund, but it is so adorable, I decided to keep it.

I am wondering, though, if any of you know of places that might repair non-functioning ornaments? Or, if any of you have any tips for opening it without destroying it?

If not, it still looks great on the tree.....

TIA for any help!

CaptainYoda

Reaction score
I recieved this ornament as a Christmas gift and it is very cool. Glad I didnt miss out on this one!

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Hi Everyone! I am new here. I purchased this ornament back when it first premiered, but did not open it until last Sunday, and discovered the sound does not work.

Of course, the store had none to exchange it with, and offered to give me a refund, but it is so adorable, I decided to keep it.

I am wondering, though, if any of you know of places that might repair non-functioning ornaments? Or, if any of you have any tips for opening it without destroying it?

If not, it still looks great on the tree.....

TIA for any help!
My ornament didn't work properly at first either. I had to carefully bend the springs for the batteries. Eventually it worked.

unclematt

Reaction score
I couldnt get it anywhere. I am going to have to get it on e-bay

Davina

Reaction score
i generally have the same problem.. the nearest hallmark store is about 50 miles away, so i don't get that way very often, and usually when i do they don't have the muppet ornament anyway so i don't get most of them.. wish we could order them online...

Drtooth

Reaction score
As I said... it sold out in a relatively brief period of time. I almost didn't get it. It's a shame, but a very good sign more will come. I like the idea of Muppet scene ornaments more than Piggy and Kermit skating and stuff like that. I hope this will get them to release more scene style Muppet ornaments...

unclematt

Reaction score
I will take any ornament any way I can get it. If it Kermit and Piggy skating or Rizzo and Gonzo lighting a lamp. As long as they continue to make them and I know they still have some kind of pop culture importance. That is what is important to me.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I will take any ornament any way I can get it. If it Kermit and Piggy skating or Rizzo and Gonzo lighting a lamp. As long as they continue to make them and I know they still have some kind of pop culture importance. That is what is important to me.
I'd buy any of them too... though, uh... I am missing the one where he actually was skatin' with Piggy... and I never did get around to getting the "American Greetings" Animal one.... and I didn't like the AG Kermit and Piggy heart shaped one.

I think that we may see another/more Muppet ornament(s) this coming year... seems like there's been a change in licensing for the Muppets and The Simpsons, going from American Greetings to Hallmark. Halmark had a Simpsons sound/scene ornament, but AG had a Homer and a Bart this year.