Best & Worst of Season 4

Redsonga

Reaction score
Fraggle Rock was created to be a mirror and inspiration to our world. They aren't separate to me.
I don't think people living in the oppressed parts of our world would feel the same way.
I just mean that even though it is made to mirror our world not every case within the show can fairly be talked about with random real world backing. Like saying that because I feel that reading and singing alone might be an empty life for the gorgs I suddenly don't know how nice (those rights) are to have :\. It's..a bit unbalanced... me thinks... *gasp* Such and such part of the world had a bad leader, that means gorgs should not have any ether -.- Just too all or nothing IMHO :frown:....

I don't think we understand how good we have it in our society.
I think many of us do..But that does not make us greedy for thinking something is even better. Like the world of Fraggle Rock (which I think would have been fine even with a king) :smile:.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Like saying that because I feel that reading and singing alone might be an empty life for the gorgs I suddenly am not for real people getting those rights, or don't know how nice they are
Ok, fair enough. :smile:

even we all our 'freedom' here it is still a money class system worst than having a king IMHO...
Oh I'm not in favor of our money class system in our country either. It's a horrible hinderness on our freedom that is never talked about.

But having a king doesn't mean that would go away. Royal families in other countries are rich and treated special for no reason other than their blood. And not every ruler wishes to spread the wealth to the common people. And even if some royal families do contribute to charity, why should they have more money? More to the point, why should the common people not have as much?

In the old days of England and America, there was a system, not just based on money, but on birth and class. Even if you suddenly got money, you could never hope to be welcomed into the upper class or royalty. Because you simply weren't born that way. It might be nice for some people to be kings. But why should some people be forced to be the peasants?

A movie version of the Cinderella story address the issue of class based on birth as opposed to money quite well:

"Though you work your life away, where you work is where you'll stay."

Redsonga

Reaction score
But having a king doesn't mean that would go away. Royal families in other countries are rich and treated special for no reason other than their blood. And not every ruler wishes to spread the wealth to the common people. And even if some royal families do contribute to charity, why should they have more money? More to the point, why should the common people not have as much?
Fraggle Rock though=no money. Or, actually, money but no real use for it even if you have it. Even Jr. did'nt seem to care for gold, and seemed like a nice guy, I would not mind his ruler..ship...
Anyhow, I guess I mean, if money is things you can grow in their world, I go to a fraggle hole with a backpack full of seeds, a notebook full of pencils and drawing charcoal and a dream..A dream! *dives into hole and hits head on drainpipe*
OWIE ;.;

Edit: Golly, if that isn't a self insert fanfic waiting to happen :confused:

"Though you work your life away, where you work is where you'll stay."
"But if where you are is where you want to be, it's okay, let's have tea.."
Sorry..I couldn't help myself :3

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Money or no, my point is why should some people be made subjects, while others are kings?

Redsonga

Reaction score
Money or no, my point is why should some people be made subjects, while others are kings?
Becuase someone started the system one day and found that more gets done (for better or for worst) when you have a leader. Like anything it can be used for great good or great evil but by doing away with it all together I think we crush a lot of that history and the good that may or may not be done by the idea...It's a part of humanity I think :smile:

If nothing else at least Jr. would have been an active king ..ordering around his...pumpkins or something :excited:
Like I said, as being a king is shown in FR I think Jr. would have been just fine, just fine:smile:.
Other than that I love season 4 ^.^

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Becuase someone started the system one day and found that more gets done (for better or for worst) when you have a leader.
Someone started the monarch system because they wanted power. :wink:

Of course I'm not saying you can't have leaders. As you say, they get things done. The Fraggles would be lost without Gobo. But that's again based on his personality and expertise that he worked at, not because he was simply born to be the leader. I think it means more if the leader actually earns his/her right to lead. As opposed to simply being born into it. :smile:

But again, I would be interested in seeing your fanfic (and I would be nice hehe). :smile:

Redsonga

Reaction score
Of course I'm not saying you can't have leaders. The Fraggles would be lost without Gobo. But that's again based on his personality and expertise that he worked at, not because he was simply born to be the leader.
My theory is that the first kings (human wise) were actually picked for being like Gobo and that they use to think those talents were carried by blood and later when no one remembered that it became about power....
Actually, Gobo was born to a line of adventurers if we go by where we see his great uncle..so it's not too much of a stretch to say he is a born leader :smile:

------> My fanfic in bottom link, just started...
I don't remember if you read Midnight Place? It is set after that :smile:.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Actually, Gobo was born to a line of adventurer if we go by where we see his great uncle..so it's not too much of a stretch to say he is a born leader :smile:
Well there is that whole nature vs. nurture debate, hehe. I'm sure he was born with these qualities of course. But he also worked at it and chose it. And I'd rather work at my skills and accomplish them, rather than being born to them with no work. :wink:

EDIT: Ohhh thanks, I'll check it out. :smile:

Redsonga

Reaction score
I think you can be born into a job and still work hard to make yourself and the job even better :smile:. It's only a limit if you see it as one...Who knows what Jr. could have done really? :excited:

Edit: If you have not read Midnight Place yet a better copy is on FF.Net here. Actually, better copies of all my stories are there, here does not let my dyslexia edit enough...

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I think you can be born into a job and still work hard to make yourself and the job even better. It's only a limit if you see it as one
It's a limit to those who weren't so lucky to be born into advantage, even though they have the abilities. That's what's unfair to me. :smile:

But yes you can born into a job and try hard.

Edit: If you have not read Midnight Place yet a better copy is on FF.Net here.
Cool, and good for you, I've yet to try my hands at FF.net. :smile: