Fraggle Rock fanfic: Where The Wild Wind Blows

Redsonga

Reaction score
Author's Note:
This is the official sequel to my very first Fraggle Rock fanfic Song Of A Midnight Place and the last in the trilogy. It is at heart, I guess, a Fraggle Rock: The Movie plot. And you don't need to have read any of the other stories, but having seen the FR series ending would help :smile:. I know I said I was not going to be writing any fanfics set after Midnight Place but it feels like it has grown to be something bigger than me now... It is their story, after all...:smile:

The melody is faint, a gentle thing..like memory, like a hope. Always there..yes..always. Can you hear it? Can you hear it to?
Magic, magic be with you each morning,
Each evening too.
For the magic, magic is in every moment,
Magic is true.

Where The Wild Wind Blows
By Alicorn (aka Redsonga aka Alicornmoon )

~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~
Prologue
~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~
The white haired man in front of the full length mirror tied his green and yellow polka-dotted tie with a well practiced flip of his wrist. Held steady upon the foot rests of his wheelchair, each of his patten leather shoes were soon polished to a glossy black.

His eyeglasses followed, cleaned until their silver frames rested upon his short pointed nose. He wiggled his bushy eyebrows a few times playfully, before stopping to reach behind his chair.

A furry grey paw was lifted in reply with a few faint yips and a growl for good measure as it handed up a small red comb.

"Thank you Sprocket." Jerome Crystal, known to a Doc by all his friends, dispensed a palm sized glob of hair gel onto the center of his scalp with all the precision of a brain surgeon and a wet slurping noise, running the comb slowly to the left to bury the blad spot at its' heart with a cowlick of a hair style.

"How do I look Sprocky?" He asked wheeling halfway around.

The old grey and white sheep dog mutt lifted his head up sleepily from his oversized dog bed a few inches away. His once bright black eyes were a bit more grey, the color of an overcast day with age but as he leaned forward, his paw flew to his month and an unmistakable snicker followed.

"Row? Rowrrowrow!" The dog luaghed long and hard, looking up once only to fall into an even bigger fit of hysterics as Doc tried to spike his hair upward for a moment, looking a little like a retirement home motorcycle gang member.

"Oh you're probably right Sprocket, it's better if I just be honest. Be myself." He smoothed down his hair , puffing his chest out proudly. " Myself.. Jerome Crystal, Recipient of the Society of Tinkers' Lifetime Achievement Award for Environmentally Conscious Invention Practices."

"Rowrarow.." Sprocket interjected with an underwhelmed wave of his paw, tunneling down in his bed to get a heated grip on his favorite pillow with a growl that ended with an echoing cough.

"Oh Sprocky, I know you don't like the idea of me leaving you alone when you've got your cold..."

The old inventor reached down as his pet lost intrest in the pillow, placing his weary head on the mans' lap, as they both groaned from aching muscles.

"But this is my dream..my biggest dream come true. Real fame Sprocky, a chance to be remembered forever. You understand don't you, old boy?"

The old grey and white mutts' eyebrows dipped downward in an eerie mirror of the mans' own as he whined softly for a moment, fixing his owner with a loving cloudy gaze.

"Row? Rowrow.." The dog replied finally, his bright pink tongue jutting out to pant with a happy sound among his now pure white muzzle hair as he patted Doc on the shoulder, licked the inventor halfway to drowning with love.

"Good boy, there now."

Doc said when he could finally speak between licks, scratching his beloved pet behind the ears as he fixed him with a serious look.

"Don't you worry, the convention is only two days long, and the fraggles will be here to keep you company..It's only two days after all, what could possibly go wrong?"

Redsonga

Reaction score
Dance your cares away....

Within the inventors wall and down countless hundreds of feet...beneath city streets, far pass long forgotten gold mines and their faded dreams of greed, far removed from prehistoric bones and flowing oil, the caves of the land known as Fraggle Rock rang with tiny footsteps.

...worries for another day...

The little creatures bare mint green feet splashed into a puddle as she ran, giggling as her new found skill covered the doozers along the tunnel sides in muddy rain.

...let the music play..down in fraggle rock...

She tried to jump over the next puddle of fresh spring runoff from above, just barely making it but falling down on the other side. Doing an about face crawl to fish her striped oversized pom-pom sockling cap out of the water where it had fallen the toddler plodded it quickly back onto her head at a break neck speed, taking off again.

Down in Fraggle Rock!

Periwinkle Fraggle knew only six words. One of which, as she rounded the last corner to her final destination, she happened to be using to its full effect at the top of her small but mighty lungs without taking a breath.

An effect that was made even lounder, of course, but the fact that it was also four in the morning.

The living cave she had entered was wallpapered with a berry ink sketches and watercolors drawn in a skilled steady hand, mixed with much less skilled but happy stick figure doodles of doozers, suns and radishes. Three pots containing rare lilies were watered from above by the steady drip dripping of a double layer line of laundry along the over other wall of the cosy narrow space, making a restful, nearly zen like melody...

"Mama! Mamamamamamamamama!"

The little mint green fraggle yelled, doing a full power belly flop onto the bed before her with its flowered quit.

A small darker green fraggle, barely three times the size of his assaulter, jerked bolt upright from a dead sleep where he had just had the wind knocked painfully from his stomach. His mouth opened in a small stranded scream below the feathery bright red hair that hid his eyes from view a split second later.

"Rockquake! Quick, Sugarlips, grab the children! Nail down the washbasin! Call out the stick..!...bringers."

Boobers' panic mode faded down to a whisper as he finally focused his unseen eyes catching sight of the little fraggle that happened to be sitting on his chest.

Periwinkle giggled as drops of water tricked down her own eye masking hair from her soaking hat.

She reached forward with a hand the size of a silly creature silver dollar, patting the highstring fraggle on the cheek with a loving look.

"Papa. Mama?"

"Good morning Sweetpea, what are you doing up?" Boober asked in a warm voice, turning to the side to nudge the much larger shape under the covers beside him.

"It's for you.." He whispered, gently lifting up his daughter and redepositing her on the other side of the bed.

"Hm...?" The shape replied, rolling over. "Oh, good morning Honey.."

Mokey yawned, her long hair a messy, sleep messed tumbleweed that matched her eyes. Somehow being half asleep did not seem to effect her powers of speech, as she reached out to turn her babies head to look her up and down.

"Now what have you been getting yourself into?"

The tiny fraggle luaghed, grabbing the waterlogged pom-pom of hat and tugging it backward to sit upon it as if that would hide her trouble-making.

"Mama, song! Mama song!" She chripped happily, figgteing from one side to another where she sat.

"Alright, alright.." Mokey began, petting the water gentley from her daughters long bangs with the edge of her own nightcap as she hummed.

"Good morning, good morning. Oh Mr. Sun, when it is morning you play, jump, and run. Wake all the flowers with their smilies bright..Good morning, good morning, my sweet sunlight..."

Mokey kissed the little fraggle on the forehead softly, looking into her large black eyes before brushing her downy nearly white green hair back to lay flat upon the top of her nose.

"Are you hungary?"

The toddler shook her head quickly.

"Go play with your brother then..." Mokey said with another yawn.

Periwinkle nodded, slipping off the side of the bed and running off into the just awaking shadows of the rock.

Boober smiled slowly as the two were left alone at last.

"Good morning..." He whispered.

"Good morning..." Came the reply slowly with a kiss as they drifted off again to the steady sound of size seven socks dripping...

RedPiggy

Reaction score
ROFL ... "It's for you" ... classic male response :smile:

Redsonga

Reaction score
ROFL ... "It's for you" ... classic male response :smile:
Nearly as old as the rock itself IMHO :coy:.

I'm glad someone likes my stories..I sometimes wonder if they are any good when I get a lot of hits but everyone runs away screaming without saying anything :embarrassed:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Boy do I know how that feels. :big_grin:

I just love "Daddy Boober". It gives him something else to think about (heck, it probably makes him even happier, since there's MORE laundry etc to worry about when there are children). :smile:

Redsonga

Reaction score
I love him to :smile:.
And yes, this is going somewhere :coy:

Redsonga

Reaction score
The skrich-scratching of chalk upon limestone was very slow and steady, hardly loud enough to even awaken the little toe tickler that had crawled into the rock and hour ago and now was crurled up around the young fraggles' foot. The top of his blue silk overall style shirt was already layered with a light dusting from the white stick, masking its normally shiny copper painted wooden buttons.

Architect Cotterpin sat with a serious expression, still wearing her night swift helmet, on the doozer tram tracks running just above where the pink furred, yellow haired fraggle kneed. Far above his head, reaching to the highest point that was possible for such a small creature, a series of wavy lines ran left to right, braking the wall into tiny stripes.

"No, no, no fraggle." Cotterpin tisked. "Golly, if you ever want to be good at map drawing you have to learn to draw straight lines. Real real straight ones."

"Straight." Poppy said softy with a nod of his long muzzled face, biting down on the side of his tongue as he started a new line, his ear stalks folding down in complete concentration.

"Play!" A careful, energetic and thought destroying yell thundered right into his ear, leaving the ending of her brothers' line a sea of scribbles.

"Peeeri…" Poppy turned to glare at the small now shaking form that came at muzzle height to his stomach."You..you.. messed the line!"

"Play?" Periwinkle suggested helpfully, grabbing his drawing arm and sneezing at the mni cloud of dust it threw into the air.

The taller pink fraggle looked up at the tiny insect like doozer in silent question as she sighed, shaking her attenaed head.

"Aw, get out of here you two. I should probably be getting home anyway…class dismissed!"

Poppy laughed as he looked down to find his sister digging into the cave floor pebbles with all of her miniature might in an attempt to drag him in the direction of the Great Hall.

"Okay, okay we play." He agreed in a soft voice. "We play with my ball. Come on…"

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I enjoy the concept of using Cotterpin as Fraggle tutor. :big_grin: