Fraggle Rock fanfic: Where The Wild Wind Blows

Redsonga

Reaction score
I enjoy the concept of using Cotterpin as Fraggle tutor. :big_grin:
I think with the doozers being more..like..people..now..sort of..it makes sense...
And no one has to worry this isn't an OC take over plot:smile:. If anything...You know how Disney movies always have a mascot or two? It's a little like that ^.^.

I'm sorry ahead of time if any of the soon to come details of my story are anything like anyone else's crown idea..legend..thingie. I went out of my way to make sure I didn't read anyone else's stories about it, and tried to plan it in the most Fraggle Rocky series movie style I could think of:excited:...

Redsonga

Reaction score
The green seedlings of the Gorg's garden reached toward the the first rays of the sun from their soggy bed as in the distance the tell tale clinking of cans and bottles of an just awaking encanted trash heap rang like a series of morning bells.

But within the halls of the crumbling castle of the gorgs, things where far from being in the same cheerful mood as the fraggle homeland or even its' own trash.

In fact at that very moment, as the gorg known as Junior sped out of the kitchen wide eyed, he would have been more than happy to trade in all his gorgdom for a two foot height and a fuzzy tail tuff.

"I can't believe it!" The highborn and well educated voice that was chasing him began in a low tone.

Junior stood behind the hat rack and then lifted his head up just eye level below his fathers' best Sunday cap , zipped away to the side.

"I simply cannot conceive it…" The voice continued, as Junior, silently cursing the wind retention of his baggy patched sweatshirt, ran to the other side.

The peaceful scene of his mother knitting and his father holding the yarn between his large purple fingers in two cozy chairs kitty -corner from one another was barely broken.

"That my husband, to which I have dedicated all my years of most radiate beauty…" The voice rattled on, and Junior lifted up the visor of the suit of armor on the wall, realving is oversized nose.

"Bore a child…" The voice continued taking on the rough edge of Outer Space big-rig driver at the last word, this time followed by loud footsteps.

Junior zipped the other way again, somehow having slipped from the armor in record time, fueled by pure fear.

"Watch out Daddy, she's gotta blow!" The young gorg yelled, doing a astounding leap and diving behind his fathers' easy chair.

"Junior, what in sam-hill is going on?" Pa gorg asked, a cross looked drawing down his purple bread.

"My husband grows..defective radishes!" The voice wailed in full blown crying trucker-ese.

The defeated looking from of Missy Gorg, her giantic glasses lopsided over tear worn eyes looked as if she had just fought a grand culinary battle and lost.

Her once fine sun dress was ripped and stained with splatters of red goo that trailed all the way down to the still half full mixing bowl in her right hand. Tiny patches of her long blonde, yarn like hair, smoldered completing the picture of total ruin as she lifted up the offending half chopped radish by its' wilted top….

Or at least, seemed to lift it..somehow..as her dress sleeve appeared to be completely hollow, the radish hovering in mid-air.

"He does what?" Pa Gorg snapped in surprise, letting the yarn loops fall to the floor as Ma gasped in horror.

He quickly threw a glare so powerful behind the chair that there was no room to hide anymore, forcing his son to stand up wearing his best 'I'm sorry' smile.

"Just look at my hand, just look at it!" Missy said, dropping the bowl and radish and waving her arms.

"Aw, I'd love to Artichokeheart, but ..I can't." Junior said with a shrug, looking at the empty sleeve with interest.

"Oh dear, let mother look at it Missy.." Ma Gorg said, reaching out to turn her daughter in laws hand over again and again.

"Maybe if you hold it up ta the light…" Junior suggested, and was meant with two instantly silencing looks.

"Are you sure you sure you made the beauty cream just as the book says?" Ma asked.

"It's a simple formula of two parts organic to one part mysticacid. I 've made it a hundred times. Why, only an imbecile would be able to ruin the elements that give the mixture proper cohesion…"

Missy reached to pick up her infant son from his crib, bouncing him gently against her shoulder with the support of a unseen hand as she grabbed Juniors' ear with the other.

"And this would be him."

"Wait a minute, hold everything, do you mean the radishes aren't workn'?"
Pa said, braking from a blank stare as his whole family froze in disbelief.

Missy let go of of her husband's ear, flinging her one good arm up with a groan.

"Why this is a disaster! This is worst than worst!" Pa gorg fumed as he began to stomp from end of room to the other." Not just for us, but for my little grand baby…"

"Esquire , Esquire, my hopes could not be higher
The grand dreams, the grand schemes to which you could aspire!

But alast, alast, to never come to pass, because your skin, so light and thin might be as easy to see…
As glass, as glass…!
"

Pa gorg stopped singing, tickling under the purple chin of his grandson before going back to pacing.

" This has never happened to the fields of a gorg garden, we've always been..good at …"

"Since the dynasty of the Most Honorable King Gorgus the Great."Missy finished, giving her son a bottle.

"Wait a minute…Ma, how many years ago was Juniors'..coronation?" Pa gorg asked.

"Twelve years to the day, Pa, I..remember he looked so handsome in his robe…" Ma replied, ending in a sudden attack of tears that sent her fishing for a handkerchief.

"This has never happen since..but before..where's my book?" Pa yelled, his eyebrows drawn down so far they nearly met in the center.

"Oh gosh Missy, I hate when Pa gets that look.." Junior whispered behind a hand.

"It always does mean something regrettable on your account doesn't it?" Missy said, in a tone close to sympathy.

"Yup."

The oversized leatherbound history book of the gorgs was heaved onto the tabletop, its thousands of yellow parchment pages making up the combined depth of two unabridged dictornaries laid cover to cover.

Pa flipped open the thick leather cover, turning to a page near the beginning, where a handpainted picture of a rolling countryside was protected under a thin piece of tissue paper.

"Here it is…
The gorgs in the darkened age were …."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Somewhere, in a far of time and place, a tiny green radish top grew from the pitch black soil of a forest floor. The tree branches danced across the meager spot of color as a fluffy brown rabbit hopped over to the plant, perking its ears before carefully putting the tender leafs been its teeth.

Suddenly the unnatural sound of running footsteps sent the bunny leaping for cover, forgetting all about its dinner.
The sound stopped almost as quickly as it had began as the tree shadows played over the plant once more, this time set to the sound of heavy breathing in place of crickets chirping.

With a frilly of flying dirt the radish mysteriously dung itself from the earth and hovered to be seen clearly in the moonlight..the breathing sound stopping for only a moment…as the plants green stem all at once turned to brown and crumbled, its once bright red bulb a sickly white.

The rotten radish fell to the ground with a hard thump, its' bulb rolling slowly to the edge of a long brown traveling cape.

The small thin traveler looked down at the radish from within the shadows of his hood, bending down to pick it up with a gloved hand as he stepped forward to the hole. From within the folds of his cape, the stranger produced a ringed silver crown nearly as big as himself, standing upon tip toe to cast it into the air…

Where the crown hovered in place…As without a sound, the shape of a young wild-eyed, shaggy furred, light brown gorg faded into being below it, wearing nothing but the crown now placed squarely upon the center of his head where he was kneeing, his hands still covered in dirt.

The stranger bowed to the awe stuck giant, his voice ringing with a power much larger than his height.

"He who shall be king."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" Juniooor!" Pa gorg screamed, his bloodshot eyes drilling imaginary holes into his sons' own.

"Y..yes..Daddy?" Junior chirped, starting to step steadily backward.

"All those years ago, when you did your big fancy speech about no more kings…" Pa began, poking him in the chest and driving him back farther.

"Your speech about what? You mean I'm not going to be…?" Missy stammered in shock.

"We were waiting for the right time to tell you dear." Ma Gorg said gently, patting her on the hand.

"..and the universe being all big and all that flim-flam, when you threw away the crown…"

The former kings' brow met his sons' own as the room behind them grew deadly silent.

"You did go and get it back didn't you?"

The answer, when it came, was almost too soft for even a fraggle to hear.

"…No?"

"Junior you..you dummy!" Two voices and one very unhappy sounding baby howl thundered, sending Junior Gorg tumbling head over heels out of the door and plowing face first into his newly planted petunias.

The sound of the door opening again made Junior look up, even though his mother was trying very hard not to do the same.

"Even..you Ma?"

"We've never had much..." The smaller pink gorg began, her voice barely carrying over her large nose. "But we were gorg..we are gorg. I just wanted my little baby to always know that."

"Aw..Mommy..I do..I.." Juniors childlike voice quailed.

"Do you?" Came the simple reply as it faded into muffled tears behind the sound of closing castle doors.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Took me a minute to realize you paired Junior up with someone. Forgot, apparently. :big_grin:

I am really interested in this legend you've written. The good thing about a legend being a legend is that legends are just so darn flexible, capable of accommodating all sorts of ideas. :smile:

Redsonga

Reaction score
Took me a minute to realize you paired Junior up with someone. Forgot, apparently.
It's Missy Gorg!..the smart one :coy:. ...Not that she had much of a choice:stick_out_tongue:.
I am really interested in this legend you've written. The good thing about a legend being a legend is that legends are just so darn flexible, capable of accommodating all sorts of ideas.
I wanted to show it as best could..:smile:

Redsonga

Reaction score
The sound of a giant macadamia nut sewn over in a skin of glossy red fabric rattled though the tunnels, drawing closer and closer to their outskirts as it was bounced, flung, and tail whipped by the taller of the two.

This game, like most fraggle games was a mixture of two or three ones that the silly creatures happened to have borrowed thousands of years ago, but unlike the human versions, had only as many or as few rules as its players could think of each time.

Poppy fell to the ground with a flop playing dead with an overdramaic yelp, as his sister finally touched the ball and tugged it away, giggling all the while..

"That's tag!" He explained, opening one eye. "Now chase me..."

Both Poppy's eyes flew open as the sound of Periwinkles' scurrying feet ended with the sight of where the tiny fraggle..where they happened to be.

Sunlight spilled over from the land of the garden into the dank enclosure of fraggle rock, highlighting the edges of Periwinkles' light green fur and the glossy red of the ball as she turned to point slowly at the new Where-ever-it-was discovery.

"Ooo..No Peri, not there." Poppy hissed, grabbing the ball in one hand and the middle of his sister in the other. "It not allowed‚ giant monsters!"

Periwinkle pointed again, this time sharply like an unspoken retort, turning her hair masked eyes upward to her brothers' own, which were starting to whether.

"Giant monsters!" He said again, this time releasing his hand from her waist to make fear inspiring spooky wiggles with it.

The lower part of Periwinkle's muzzle quivered with the promise of deafening tears and Poppy sighed, letting his hand go limp. The ball bounced and rattled, rolling a bold trail into the sun.

"Oopsy...Come back... ball..." Poppy said flatly, walking with a slow careful steps as he was rewarded with a bright smile that followed after him, gripping his tail.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Are the Gorgs cool with Fraggles in this story?

Redsonga

Reaction score
Are the Gorgs cool with Fraggles in this story?
In my fraggle universe it is sort of an on again off again thingie like in the tv series, so they can be nice to fraggles one moment and using them as 'pets' or lab rats in the next (because both fraggles and gorgs IMHO have short selective memories)...So fraggle parents just play it safe and say they are always thumping to keep little ones away from the garden:embarrassed:.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Gotcha ...
I just can never see it as working as the perfect peace the Trash Heap wanted, at least not all the time...Since the stories never going to really cover that in detail I thought I might as well just say it aside here :3

Redsonga

Reaction score
In some odd far flung way the whatever it was that had taken up most of the once neatly tended garden was a work of modern art. The pile of ancient nick-nacks smelled of history that had been talked about far more often than it had ever been dusted, towering at nearly a gorg wide and four gorgs high.

Halfway up this rickety looking yard sale of a conglomeration, the figure of Junior Gorg scaled his way with a determined look, working at a super motivated pace for his size as he put a broken clock and half a suit of armor at its' peck.

Far down down down below, two fraggles, much smaller than most gaped in silent awe. The taller of the visiter mouthed 'wow-wee' before finding his voice in a bright tone heavy with questions.

"Hello."

Junior, sliding almost all the way back down the pile at that moment gave a startled yelp at the unexpected sound, tumbling back to earth only to come eyeball to whole body with the intruders .

"Aw it's just some of you fraggles. I thought you were my Pa." He sighed in relief.

"What you doing?" Poppy asked as the gorg got right back up, attacking the pile beside the tower with renewed energy as he heaved an old leather chest onto his back, starting to climb again.

"Building ah ladder." Jr. replied as if it was the most normal thing in the whole universe to be doing.

"Why?"

"I lost something real important, only no one ever said why it was," He placed the empty chest flat with its open depth making an almost level surface, silently willing the last five items to stop swaying with his hands. "…and now my daddy's mad at me..again."

"Lost somethin'?" The pink fraggle asked as a smaller green fraggle stole another peek around his yellow tufted tail.

"Yup." The gorg replied, adding a broken trumpet and a blackened caldron.

"Up…up…in the..the…" The fraggle pointed at the strangle new blue span above them.

"Sky. " Junior yelled from above as he started to climb yet again. "Yeah, I threw it away up n' here so I figure all I have to do is get up to the spot it disappeared and pull it out! Easy as garlic peach pie."

"Ew…" The fraggle wrinkled his nose at the thought of the two tastes together. "Papa says high places..dan..ger..ous…"

"Aw, that's 'cause your daddy's a fraggle," Junior said with a laugh, carrying up a last heavy looking book. "Everything's scary to them 'cause they're tiny..You're real tiny to, should you be out here? Your mommies and daddies must be worried."

"We have same ones. They brave, they not worry." Poppy said with a smile as Periwinkle silently mimicked him with a wide grin. "But…If thing..im..port…ant why throw away?"

"I don't know..I guess ah thought was the right thing to do." Junior shrugged. "Aw well, it'll all be fixed soon, come here my little crowny-rowny."

As his small audience looked on the gorg reached out slowly from the very tip of the junk ladder top..when suddenly with a screeching mix of bending metal and cracking rotten wood everything happened at once:

The momentum of the falling collection sent the furry brown Junior, patched sweatshirt, battered shoes and all, flying into the spot that was just beyond his reach before. With a flash of light and a loud 'Boink!' sound the patch of sky rippled like water, swallowing the gorg whole.

Gone..a creature four times as tall as a full grown silly creature...disappeared with even the littlest trace into nowhere, in the blink of an eye...

Luckily, it was a very loud blink.

"What was the sound?" A distant voice yelled.

"Mokey, I found them, they're out here in the garden!" A closer but just as desperate lower voice answered.

"Oh goodness!"

Before Poppy and Periwinkle had a chance to see if the patch of sky was hungry enough to eat a whole giant tuba and a battered loveseat a forth the size of the great hall that tumbled just below their 'monster' a dark green blur raced over, knocking the two out of the way of a falling clock.

The clock clanged and groaned as the dust settled among upturned radishes, letting out a weak coo-coo from a dangling wooden bird head as one of its eyes popped out on a spring.