Abby in Wonderland to Air on PBS Friday November 28

Drtooth

Reaction score
(I don't know if this would be a double post, but I thought this needs a heads up)

If you don't want to spend money on, or rent the DVD, but you're still curious to see it... Good News, everyone! PBS will are it as part of the "Feast of Favorites" the day after Thanksgiving.

WGBH will air it during Sesame Street's regular morning hours, 10 AM.. it may be different in your area, but it is a pretty safe bet that it will air in SS's regular time slot.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Well glad to know that are showing it on TV for parents who can afford to shove out the money to buy it for their kids right now.

SSLFan

Reaction score
That's odd, it came on my station today. I only watched the first five minutes then got bored with it, so I turned.:frown:

I went to turn it back on later then the 'Golden Triangle of Destiny' episode was on.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That's odd, it came on my station today. I only watched the first five minutes then got bored with it, so I turned.:frown:

They must have accidentally gotten the tapes mixed up. I've seen that happen a lot with certain channels. I recall one station that had the wrong ending credit segments (are they called cold closings?) for That 70's Show and King of Queens every so often... like they had the ending of the previous day's episode used twice or something.

But yeah, this is great for people that want to watch it, but don't want to buy it. I almost went to see it when they had it as the Kidtoon cinemas promotion, but thought I'd look too much like a weirdo since I could only go by myself.

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
They must have accidentally gotten the tapes mixed up. I've seen that happen a lot with certain channels. I recall one station that had the wrong ending credit segments (are they called cold closings?) for That 70's Show and King of Queens every so often... like they had the ending of the previous day's episode used twice or something.

But yeah, this is great for people that want to watch it, but don't want to buy it. I almost went to see it when they had it as the Kidtoon cinemas promotion, but thought I'd look too much like a weirdo since I could only go by myself.
Even Buying SS Dvds you get some strange looks.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
It appears this is airing three times today on one of my stations and once again tomorrow.

EDIT: And to fill out the hour, the added in The Golden Triangle of Density, complete with added intro from the Adventure DVD.

Drtooth

Reaction score
If anyone at Muppet Wiki is listen...err.. reading, the broadcast version is as follows:

Word on the Street opening- Rhyme
Abby in Wonderland
"I Believe in Little Things" (animated ribbon remake with Abby and Elmo singing)
Word on the Street opening- Octagon
Golden Triangle of Destiny (with title card)
Abby in Wonderland end credits....

ssetta

Reaction score
I have to say I was pretty disappointed with it. It really was a lot like Elmo's World. I've heard that in Season 40, Abby will have a new 15-minute segment, and this special basically is a sample of what Season 40 will be like. If you do the math, here's what it seems like:

15 minutes of street scene
Murray Had a Little Lamb
15 minutes of Abby
Those STUPID Ernie & Bert claymation sketches
Elmo's World
And that will leave just enough time for the letter & number of the day.

There you have it! Sesame Street has been RUINED!

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I heard that she may get her own segment too, but I doubt it will take up another 15 minutes.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I have to say I was pretty disappointed with it. It really was a lot like Elmo's World. I've heard that in Season 40, Abby will have a new 15-minute segment, and this special basically is a sample of what Season 40 will be like. If you do the math, here's what it seems like:

15 minutes of street scene
Murray Had a Little Lamb
15 minutes of Abby
Those STUPID Ernie & Bert claymation sketches
Elmo's World
And that will leave just enough time for the letter & number of the day.

There you have it! Sesame Street has been RUINED!
By that logic, SS was ruined long before that, with that season 34 structure shake up. And most of that stuff is gone now. So no matter what they do to SS, EW is the only thing that they still have. And even then, they tried hard to get away from it.

That said, This special did kind of remind me... well, anyone remember a Disney Channel show called "Adventures of Alice in Wonderland?" I saw a couple episodes when they syndicated it on Sunday mornings. There was like a hint of that in the air.

All and all, I wonder what this special WOULD have been like if they had higher production values... like an actual movie or telefilm. Bigger sets, more special effects... all that stuff.