Abby in Wonderland to Air on PBS Friday November 28

jonnytbird

Reaction score
I DVR'ed it yesterday. Atleast it was better then wasting money on buying the DVD. But now that you mention it ssetta, I certainly cannot believe that they're just gonna keep making it worse by letting Abby have her own segment like Elmo's World.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I have to say one thing here... at least Alice wasn't a random human celebrity, leaving the Muppets to have to play second (or third) in bit parts... We've seen that all too many times (I liked MTI though).

Could you imagine? Even making Elmo a bit part... eek.

I also don't like the idea of Abby getting a quarter of the show either... I hope it's just a rumor... but Ssetta's been right about this sort of thing before... despite the fact it was a lot later than he had thought.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
If she does get her own segment, I think it would be like the Abby's Fairy Fun clips on the podcast, just short 2-3 minute sketches with her and Elmo.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Just a thought here...until we get a confirmation from an official source, we're pretty much going off of speculation...but let's say Abby DOES get her own 15 minute segment. That's not to say an episode would contain BOTH 15 minutes of Abby's show AND 15 minutes of Elmo's World...it may be one or the other in an episode (not every recent episode even HAD an EW so they've been trying to gradually ween away from that tradition)

SSLFan

Reaction score
I think the reason they're wanting to phase out EW is because they're running out of ideas. Think about it...only 2 new EW this season? Besides...what more can Elmo think about! The new SSL show doesn't even have the EW portion of the show(which they have been doing for some years now). Besides, the sooner they drop the segment the better. I must admit it was cute for maybe 4 seasons, but after...agh.

I like the Elmo character and all, but the segment just ruined it for me!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Just a thought here...until we get a confirmation from an official source, we're pretty much going off of speculation...but let's say Abby DOES get her own 15 minute segment. That's not to say an episode would contain BOTH 15 minutes of Abby's show AND 15 minutes of Elmo's World...it may be one or the other in an episode (not every recent episode even HAD an EW so they've been trying to gradually ween away from that tradition)

Apparently, that didn't fare so good. This really should be brought up in another thread, since it seems a topic worthy to discuss outside of something related... but the fact of the matter is, they TRIED to move away from that (did I have enough emphasis on "try"? :wisdom: ) but that tested poorly, and they haven't been able to follow that through. Now, I would love to see them try to alternate between an Abby segment and an Elmo segment, but in the long run, that's gonna test poorly (or mixed at best) and either the Abby segment will be eliminated completely, or mixed into the rest of the show...

EDIT The discussion has been moved here