Your Thoughts: Muppets at the Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*In Kermit voice: Oh good. Was going to ask if you wanted to get the song for MCR Phil, now that we forumers have a copy circulating in the MUP3's thread.

Will hopefully catch this "preview" song as well if it's a different one. :excited:

Also, they used the Abby Cadaby balloon in conjunction with the SST float... That means the Big Bird balloon's consecutive appearance streak has been halted once again. Abby's a good choice... But I hope both her and Big Bird make it next year in honor of the 40th anniversary.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
By the way if anyone finds any nice pictures of Kermit from the parade please post links here. Pictures should be appearing on-line throughout the day.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
It was most likely him. Keep in mind that he had been performing kermit for 3 miles prior to the finale performance. I'm sure his arm was really tired. Could have afftected Kermit's mannerisms, but I didn't notice.
Yeah! Im sure Steve"s arm wasnt feeling to hot for a 3 hour parade! belive me! I did my kermit puppet a few years back here for a parade and i was like that for 45 + mins and my arm killed me! :smirk:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I did here the name of some other composer for Kermit's song. they said it was something Macy or other...

Luke

Reaction score
I did here the name of some other composer for Kermit's song. they said it was something Macy or other...
They said it was "Macey's own" ... so someone connected to Macey's. I don't get why :confused:

Count von Count

Reaction score
it was good to see the cast of S.S. agin, and Kermit. I hope they do it agin next year.

AnimatedC9000

Reaction score
Kermit singing was just so... wow. I still can't believe it. It was so good!

Drtooth

Reaction score
5 When was it decided/stated by anyone on Sesame Street and/or Abby herself that "That's So Magic!" is her catch phrase? Never heard her say that as a catch phrase in any episode she's been a part of these last three years.
Not to split hairs, but she did say something to that extent in the first episode she appeared in, I think she also said it in Abby in Wonderland, though it could have just been overdubbed for the promotion. But then again, i know a lot of cartoon characters who have catchphrases they never say on various dossiers and T-***** and the like.

Clearly she was given that phrase as a merchandising standpoint. Hope this helps somewhat.

I really think "Leela" (I forget her real name) enjoyed her first appearance in the parade, and I hope she's a part of it for a long time to come. I can't remember if I saw Chris or not.

The one thing that confuses me, why is Alice on the float (and has been for a while) but she hasn't been on SS in ages?

But what a parade... a Sesame Street performance and a Kermit the Frog performance as well. Those 2 were the real highlights of the parade... along with Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends Rick Rolling the country (too bad that joke was played out by mid July, but still pretty funny).

And I notice they changed the Kermit Balloon's music to "Rainbow Connection." Was this the case last year? I still remember the Muppet Show theme being used then. And luckily, Abby's wand wasn't broken like last year...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Guess you're right about that Drtooth.

Nitya Vidyasagar is The real name of the actress who portrays Leela.

BTW: The float with Kristen Chenoweth, what was that one for? And the song she sang? That one was beautiful too.

*Listening to Christmas Muppet music.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
And I notice they changed the Kermit Balloon's music to "Rainbow Connection." Was this the case last year? I still remember the Muppet Show theme being used then. And luckily, Abby's wand wasn't broken like last year...

yeah last year they played "Rainbow" with the kermit balloon....i just checked cause I also have that taped