Your Thoughts: Letters to Santa Teaser On-line

muppet_dk

Reaction score
Wowww everyone seems so enthusiastic about the clips. It's getting me so excited, but even more annoyed that I can't see them :frown:

I wonder if the actual special will air on Australian cable?

I sure hope so!
You can see them. As I wrote in my last post in this thread you can use http://www.hotspotshield.com/ to gain access to the clips.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
Honestly, I think they're showing too much now, but we are all likely in for a treat.

It will probably hit YouTube, Hulu or there might be an offer to buy it after it airs from the NBC store like they did with their last Muppet Christmas special.
i was actually wondering this cause it seemed like VMMCM Took a while to come out...might have just been me though

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
i was actually wondering this cause it seemed like VMMCM Took a while to come out...might have just been me though
I remember VMX came out in VHS only from NBC.com and was offered during the initial airing, but it took another year or so for it to hit DVD. I still expect it to hit places both opportunistic and legit around the web before Christmas. Such is the way these days. :smile:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I wonder how many Christmas movies people have seen, the people who are dissing Santa, anyway.... It's not Miracle on 34th Street is just for kids, and they imply Santa is real. Then there's the five million movies I've been watching on ABC family. You know what kind of movie I'm tired of? Xmas romantic comedies, particularly those with the main character falling in love with either Santa or his relatives.

Like, it makes sense for Robin to believe in Santa Claus and for Kermit to help him write a letter, not for Kermit to write his own letter.
Kermit's letter: Dear Santa, Please let us get out of the cultural void! Please let everyone shut up about me an' Piggy.

Nah ... I think Kermit could use a good letter. :big_grin:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I wonder how many Christmas movies people have seen, the people who are dissing Santa, anyway.... It's not Miracle on 34th Street is just for kids, and they imply Santa is real. Then there's the five million movies I've been watching on ABC family. You know what kind of movie I'm tired of? Xmas romantic comedies, particularly those with the main character falling in love with either Santa or his relatives.

Kermit's letter: Dear Santa, Please let us get out of the cultural void! Please let everyone shut up about me an' Piggy.

Nah ... I think Kermit could use a good letter. :big_grin:
*CLAPS* Haha! Great post, RedPiggy! I agree with all ya said! (Including Kermit's letter, of course. :wink:)

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well it's not that simple. :smile: I'm not dissing Santa, I like movies where his presence makes sense. I'm saying this show slightly seems to go against the grain of what we've already seen from the Muppets in the past.

I'm definitely willing to give the special a chance. But it's OK if not everyone likes it. We don't all have to like the same things. :smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Well it's not that simple. :smile: I'm not dissing Santa, I like movies where his presence makes sense. I'm saying this show slightly seems to go against the grain of what we've already seen from the Muppets in the past.

I'm definitely willing to give the special a chance. But it's OK if not everyone likes it. :smile:
The whole Santa angle seems to have come from the mind of Rainbow Connection composer Paul Williams. I agree that it seems a little too kiddie and Disneyized for my taste, but the clips seem contrary to that tone so I think it'll be okay. We already know it will have lots of Muppety music, an epic cast of Muppets (in speaking roles), cameos that appear to make sense and some good character banter. The Santa clip seems okay too. They picked an actor with kind of creepy tones to play Kringle so they seem to be on the mark. I'm so excited. :flirt:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
The whole Santa angle seems to have come from the mind of Rainbow Connection composer Paul Williams. I agree that it seems a little too kiddie and Disneyized for my taste, but the clips seem contrary to that tone so I think it'll be okay. We already know it will have lots of Muppety music, an epic cast of Muppets (in speaking roles), cameos that appear to make sense and some good character banter. The Santa clip seems okay too. They picked an actor with kind of creepy tones to play Kringle so they seem to be on the mark. I'm so excited. :flirt:
Oh totally, even though the clips do make me concerned about the kiddie factor, the special doesn't horrify me or anything, hehe. :smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Oh totally, even though the clips do make me concerned about the kiddie factor, the special doesn't horrify me or anything, hehe. :smile:
So it's not a VMX or Oz for you? That snark-factor seems to have been replaced with classic universal Muppet humor. There's a joke that the Muppets might not be house-trained, but I think it's a joke that could have flown in the Jim era.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
So it's not a VMX or Oz for you? That snark-factor seems to have been replaced with classic universal Muppet humor. There's a joke that the Muppets might not be house-trained, but I think it's a joke that could have flown in the Jim era.
Lol, right the overly jaded and mean spirited stuff is gone and that's great. And I agree that the house-trained joke could be classic humor, hehe. I'm just not sold on the Santa thing in this case. Again, I can see Robin writing a letter to Santa, and Kermit helping him and maybe even believing in Santa himself. But I can't see Kermit being the one to write his own letter like it's the most important part of Christmas.

It feels like what I've thought about Muppet Christmas Carol. Nice Christmas movie, but not exactly the Muppets. But I'm jumping the gun anyway. :smile: