25th Anniversary Follow That Bird Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSLFan

Reaction score
:wisdom:Yay! This is great. Although it seems odd Elmo is on the cover, i mean, he's only in there briefly, and doesn't even have any lines. LOL, some kids are gonna be ticked. I hope this DVD exposes kids to Classic Sesame, and back when the street was considered a whole, and EVERYONE played an important part. I already have the original DVD but look forward to buying this one also.

And I agree, I hope Bert and Ernie are at least on the back of the cover.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Oh my, that is awesome! Eh, from the way everyone was talking I thought there was a close up of Elmo or something, hehe. The cover's OK, at least all the other guys are in it and Big Bird is most prominent. :smile:

I hope parents are inclined to buy it for their kids! It's message of different people living together is still needed today. :wink:

AAO

Reaction score
A lot of people have been complaining because it's not the original painting of the theatrical release which is amazing! But if you look closely at the "sky"... it's from the original paiting... so there's a piece there... haha.. but i didn't even bert and ernie not there.. ugh! I'm just excited about the features! I'm so thrilled.. i really want to see interviews with caroll spinney...

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
A lot of people have been complaining because it's not the original painting of the theatrical release which is amazing! But if you look closely at the "sky"... it's from the original paiting... so there's a piece there... haha..
Yeah I get you, I like the original painting too. I guess they wanted to differentiate this one, or make it look like all the other SS DVDs.

I just hope no parents write into Amazon saying, "Nice, but where was Elmo?" Lol. Though I've read the Amazon reviews for the original FTB DVD before, and thankfully most parents say their kids liked it as much as today's SS (sometimes more :wink: ).

Drtooth

Reaction score
Okay, was I the only one who was about to click on one of the links, and seconds later hear:

"We're no strangers to lo-o-o-ve... You know the rules, and so do I..."

I felt, jeez... this has to be some sort of prank. Warner Brothers is "re-releasing" the 3 TMNT movies, basically with the same disks that have been around since the 90's with new slip covers. Hearing they'll have special features (and hope beyond hope WIDESCREEN... whooooaaaah) wets my appetite, and gives me a good reason not to buy that 7 dollar regular tape...err...disk.

I just hope no parents write into Amazon saying, "Nice, but where was Elmo?" Lol. Though I've read the Amazon reviews for the original FTB DVD before, and thankfully most parents say their kids liked it as much as today's SS (sometimes more ).
Ugh, I HATE people like that. Sesame Street isn't a babysitter you call every 5 minutes. if your child only pays attention to Elmo, get them only Elmo. And if your kid is less than 3 years old, they may not like a full length movie, even Elmo in Grouchland (which is why it tanked).

That said, I hope Sony takes this as a cue to release a widescreen version of EIG with bonus features. I'm a completest.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
if your child only pays attention to Elmo, get them only Elmo.
Or expose them to classic Sesame Street as well as the new stuff, so they don't grow up thinking only new is good and old is bad. Believe me, it will pay off later in life. Just because your kid likes one thing now, doesn't mean they shouldn't be shown other things that could be good for them. :wink:

Redsonga

Reaction score
Ugh, I HATE people like that. Sesame Street isn't a babysitter you call every 5 minutes. if your child only pays attention to Elmo, get them only Elmo.
Or get them SS without as much Elmo and just let their tastes widen even if they whine :wink:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Who says that The Muppets had to be SS. Prehaps some fraggles would be the cure...:coy:
How true! The point is I'm glad my parents exposed me to a bunch of different books and shows, even when I wasn't immediately enthusiastic, because I eventually learned to love them and enjoy them. Sometimes life is about discovery, not instant gratification. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.