Your Thoughts: Kermit on Dr. Phil

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just a reminder that on Tuesday Kermit stops by the Dr. Phil show seeking advice on his relationship with Miss Piggy. Find out what kind of intervention Dr. Phil has in store for the world's most famous frog. Check local listings for show times in your area.

After you watch the appearance, post here and share your thoughts.

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
What time and Channel is Dr. Phill aired?:confused:

That depends on where you live. For me, it comes on NBC at 3:00. But it also comes on CBS. You should check your local listings. Perhaps you should go online and look up the schedule for your local NBC or CBS?

Leyla

Reaction score
Naturall, my TV decides to have seizures before the show. So, I ran off to Dr.Phil's website... and they DID have a clip up. I think I like the tone! Very funny, and yet, ushy gushy too!
He called Kermit Pig whipped! :stick_out_tongue: But there's a certain sweetness to this that I really like... and, my TV is suddenly working again, so if I haven't missed it, I'll get to see it! YAY!

Oh! And I forgot to mention, they have a clip from LTS!
Now I now how Kermit gets hit with the door. Ooh, there he is!

Well, it was short, and mostly an excuse to introduce a giveaway, but personally, I liked it! C'moooon LtS.

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
I just watched it. Kermit seemed very... Nervous in this appearance.

Now I just want to see a fifteen minute segment of Dr. Phil talking to both Kermit and Miss Piggy about their relationship. Heheh.

Leyla

Reaction score
I just watched it. Kermit seemed very... Nervous in this appearance.

Now I just want to see a fifteen minute segment of Dr. Phil talking to both Kermit and Miss Piggy about their relationship. Heheh.
Oh, me too! I wonder where I can sign up for that...

"This is not Piggy y'all. I just passed her in the hall..." No wonder Piggy's not on the show... considering that dish!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Ha! That would a a good reason for her not to show up! Really loved the interview! Thought is was very funny! A lot of typical fodder from the frog, but it went really well!

Frogster

Reaction score
:rolleyes: *Enter disappointing remark on awkward Kermit appearance here* :rolleyes:

...figured I'm so used to seeing Steve embarrass himself, I'm just gonna say that whenever I don't like something I see. It'll come in handy for tomorrow night, I'm sure.

For those of you who might tell me to knock off the mean comments, know that I made it a point to watch this, and that I still keep hoping that things get better. Kermit's just too excited about anything he talks about, and Steve displays too much emotion when performing him. And of course, the typical frog jokes and interspecies jokes were there to go along with it.

rtgentry

Reaction score
Keep in mind these are not Fan-Tribute apprearances. They are to attrack fallen off fans or those who have not seen Kermit in a while. Those nerds like us that hear every word ever uttered by the frog can yes somtimes get tired of the same ole jokes, BUT I have friends who see this stuff and fall back in love with the muppets. Sheesh lighten up

theprawncracker

Reaction score
:rolleyes: *Enter disappointing remark on awkward Kermit appearance here* :rolleyes:

...figured I'm so used to seeing Steve embarrass himself, I'm just gonna say that whenever I don't like something I see. It'll come in handy for tomorrow night, I'm sure.

For those of you who might tell me to knock off the mean comments, know that I made it a point to watch this, and that I still keep hoping that things get better. Kermit's just too excited about anything he talks about, and Steve displays too much emotion when performing him. And of course, the typical frog jokes and interspecies jokes were there to go along with it.
Why shouldn't Kermit be excited? Kermit has ALWAYS been excited for whatever he's in--The classic "YAAAAAY!" from TMS, "Hey a Movie!" from GMC--come on! Get over yourself, if you go into it expecting it to be bad you're going to think that.

I don't know HOW you can expect a poor performance from anyone tomorrow night in Letters to Santa. I know you've seen the clips, and I don't know how anyone can expect nothing less than spectacular from the frog, the bear, the pig, the whatever, and EVERYONE.

Anyway... I thought the Kermit appearance was good. Expectedly short, considering Dr. Phil's talk quick, give something away mentality for this show. I did think that Kermit got the most time than any of the other guests, though, which was nice. Good to see a clip from LtS, too. I can't wait! :excited: Tomorrow's gonna be a LOT of fun!