Concern about Rowlf

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, lets face it, [Oh by the way, this pertains to the thought of Scooter and Rowlf dangeling off the plane]. Would those two really do it? Those two have common sense. Plus, there is the fact, Rowlf with legs disturbs the crud out of me. He's better off as a shaggy brown blob. But when I saw his legs in Rocky Mountain Holiday, they bugged me. Its like they butchered a Fozzie full body puppet and made the fur darker.
That's one of the few problems I had... that plot point was pretty meh... seemed like they were trying to take a short cut through the plot due to time constraints. I half pictured the muppets being put in pet care crates and tossed out the back of the plane like in GMC.... that would have worked a little better....

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
That's one of the few problems I had... that plot point was pretty meh... seemed like they were trying to take a short cut through the plot due to time constraints. I half pictured the muppets being put in pet care crates and tossed out the back of the plane like in GMC.... that would have worked a little better....
Like Ol Brown ears would do that too? Pfft. Rowlf is possibly one to fight for the right of dogs to be treated like people, much like Brian Griffin.

Scooter? In a pet care crate? You sick sick person! :grouchy:

Agreed. Rowlf barely enjoyed (and that's being nice to Rizzo) skateboarding, much less hanging off a plane. I think he'd much rather be cargo than do something like that.
Like I said. Rowlf wouldn't put up with the cargo hold. He'd want a seat in a person chair. Fight for Doggy Rights. Rowlf is more human than dog if you think about it... And he didn't even know how a skateboard was held, let alone enjoy it.

As I said, Rowlf, much like Brian Griffin, are possibly the only two dogs that aren't portrayed to much as dogs, or erm...stupid[Goofy, Scooby's brother...] and actually speak normally[ Astro, Scooby, Pluto...]. They sometimes take offense to things.
Brian rarely shows he's a dog as much as Rowlf. Rowlf's one to show lil signs of it, but sometimes goes nutts... He bit Jimmy Dean...Twice! Both Brian and Rowlf would ask for a seat in the plane, not on the wing or cargo.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Lanmango Number 2 ... Rowlf isn't Brian (who I don't know) or Dogbert (who I do :big_grin:). I know they would ALL rather be on the plane ... but that wasn't possible.

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
Lanmango Number 2 ... Rowlf isn't Brian (who I don't know) or Dogbert (who I do :big_grin:). I know they would ALL rather be on the plane ... but that wasn't possible.
Brian Griffin from Family guy. The smartest Cartoon dog ever I beleive.

turkishproverb

Reaction score
Brian Griffin from Family guy. The smartest Cartoon dog ever I beleive.
Probably. But your forgetting, rowlf has no problem being "doggish" now and then.

Remember his conversation with Sprocket? I think he'd want to sit in a seat, yea, but He'd still probably be willing to accept a crate if the alternative was hanging on the wing. He's kind've one of the few muppets that seems to realize things can get you hurt.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
turkishproverb said:
Probably. But your forgetting, rowlf has no problem being "doggish" now and then.

Remember his conversation with Sprocket? I think he'd want to sit in a seat, yea, but He'd still probably be willing to accept a crate if the alternative was hanging on the wing. He's kind've one of the few muppets that seems to realize things can get you hurt.
Not only that, but if Lamango were correct, then Rowlf would have rather died than run a kennel in MTM. He seems depressed about it, but he DOES it. Rowlf knows the score. Rowlf may want dogs in general to be treated with respect, but he's also not so ashamed of his species that he demands we all treat them like humans.

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
Not only that, but if Lamango were correct, then Rowlf would have rather died than run a kennel in MTM. He seems depressed about it, but he DOES it. Rowlf knows the score. Rowlf may want dogs in general to be treated with respect, but he's also not so ashamed of his species that he demands we all treat them like humans.
Never said Rowlf was ashamed of it. He'd gladly bark at you if you did something to him first. Heck, he'll bite you too, got it, Jimmy Dean! :grouchy:

pattywack

Reaction score
I honestly think they're really trying to build Rowlf back up. And I can't wait for it. As others have said, you can't just suddenly have a character back and as much a part of the gang as they used to be like that *clicks fingers*. It takes time, but they seem to be doing it.

Wow, I really can't word things well today.

zns

Reaction score
Yeah, the people over at Henson know just how special Rowlf. I honestly doubt that they will let anything bad happen to him. He was, after all, the first Muppet to gain as much personality as Kermit. I'm sure we'll see more of him in things to come. :sympathy::sympathy::sympathy: