The... -wait fer it-... "What made you laugh today?" Thread

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Your laughter made me laugh, Alex! Seriously! Or at least, as serious as one can be when they're laughing...

Kiki

Reaction score
Lol!

Well, today I quoted George Orwell's 'Animal Farm' because... I can't remember, actually. Anyways, this is how the conversation went after I quoted it...

My Dad: "Hmm... I don't recall any pigs in that film..."
Me: "Are you kiddin'? The book AND the film were practically revolved around them"
My Dad: "Nope. All I remember is toga parties"

LOL! He was thinking of Animal House! I couldn't stop laughing. I love my Dad, he's such a funny guy. :smile:

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Lol!

Well, today I quoted George Orwell's 'Animal Farm' because... I can't remember, actually. Anyways, this is how the conversation went after I quoted it...

My Dad: "Hmm... I don't recall any pigs in that film..."
Me: "Are you kiddin'? The book AND the film were practically revolved around them"
My Dad: "Nope. All I remember is toga parties"

LOL! He was tihnking of Animal House! I couldn't stop laughing. I love my Dad, he's such a funny guy. :smile:
HAHA! LOL that is so funny xD
My brother once said that Fozzie was off Sesame Street. I corrected him and then proceded to laugh my guts out.

Kiki

Reaction score
Lol, that's hilerious! I love what some people say sometimes... like, my friend (*Cough* Wolfie *Cough*) was drinking Pepsi Max at school and she's like, "Errrrlack. This Pepsi has NO flavour. They should put... I don't know... JAM in it or something..." it was just so stupid! XD But really funny, by all means. But yeah... Fozzie on Sesame Street? Haw!

Beakerfan

Reaction score
Okay, so my sister got a Parakeet the other day, and was having a little difficulty naming her. I thought about it for a little bit, tossed out a few ideas, and thought pretty hard about what kind of name my sister would give a bird....

Now it just so happens that my sister is a little obsessed with a certain Captain Jack Sparrow, so my first inkling was to call the bird "Jack", just so I could walk up to the bird and say "Why thank you Jack - not you, we named the monkey Jack!" but we both agreed that Jack is not a very good name for a girl bird. So, I jokingly suggested "Sparrow"...... and much to my surprise, she loved it! So now my sister has a Parakeet named Sparrow.....

Anyway, yesterday morning I walked up to the bird while she was sitting on my sisters should and - in my best Davy Jones voice - said: "Yew have a debt to pay, Sparrow!" The bird proceeded to not only try to hide from me, but also made an attempt to fly back to her cage.....

This morning I walked into my sister's room and Sparrow began screeching and angrily flapping her wings tirelessly...... she still won't let me hold her. XD I just told my sis, "Sparrow don' like Davy Jones...."

dwayne1115

Reaction score
My new Avater made me laugh so I had to make it my Avater!

BlakeMP

Reaction score
Mine is actually from last night, and it's kind of a long story. Y'see, a very dear friend of mine died on Sunday, and it's been a big bundle of tension at work (she and I were teachers at the same school). Last night, while at rehearsal for a play I'm in, another friend of mine told me her grandfather is dying. Neither of us were exactly in a good place. Plus, it was the first night we were off-book for Act II, which meant lots of screw-ups, lots of flubs, and lots of problems. Frankly, everybody was a big bundle of tension. And as the night wore on, it just got worse.

Then came the party scene, where I make a crack about being mixed up with someone else and getting his “meat bills and phone messages.”

Only that wasn’t what I said. On this — one line that I usually don’t flub – I blurted out, “I kept getting all his phone bills and meat messages!”

I know, it’s not that funny right now, reading it, but that’s not really the point. I chuckled when I realized what I said, as we often do when we flub. But then after that first chuckle, I heard everyone else laughing and… something happened. It was like a floodgate opened. I started to laugh and I just couldn’t stop.Then my friend, the one worried about her grandfather, started to laugh too. Then it was like a chain reaction — everyone was laughing, faces were turning red, my buddy Paul leapt to his feet and started doing a routine about taking a phone call from a T-bone steak… it was a good five minutes before everybody could compose themselves and get back to work. I was the last one to stop laughing.

But after that… things were better. It wasn’t a huge thing, it didn’t actually fix any of the things we’re all worried about… but that release was like manna to us. Just getting all that emotion, all that tension out of our system, had such a huge impact that suddenly, just for a few minutes, things were better, and we could get through the rest of the night.

I’ve never before seen such a perfect illustration of the healing power of laughter.

Kiki

Reaction score
My brother's msn display pic was of Eddie Murphy as The Riddler, which apparently was a rumour on the net. The pic was so funny!

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
My brother's msn display pic was of Eddie Murphy as The Riddler, which apparently was a rumour on the net. The pic was so funny!
LOL! I heard that rumor...and Shia LeBeouf is supposed to play Robin...riiiiiiiiiiiiiight!:shifty: