How are you a Henson-Muppet fan?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
believe it or not, even as a kid, I never liked sesame street. It happened with the muppet show first I believe. I do remember watching Muppet Babies, but I dont know which came first. Even as a kid I was not really into kid shows lol. Yay for puppety violence XD

Kiki

Reaction score
I LOVED Sesame when I ws little, but I prolly like it more now, lol! But even when I was a little kid, there was a lot of children's shows which I didn't find appealing. I mean, stuff like Teletubbies and The Wiggles -which most kids loved- and stuff are bloody boring if you ask me, and I thought the same when I was younger!

Redsonga

Reaction score
My order of when in life I saw each of them goes ( I only count what I can remember :smile: )
Please note: 1) We were poor and didn't have cable. 2)We were poor and didn't rent movies 3)Our copy of the Muppet Movie was a first release VHS for back in the day and 4) Many of my fondest memories came from bootlegs my daddy recorded off Disney channel and the other channels, since ma hardly ever let me watch anything but PBS even though we got NBC and CBS and ABC and FOX. 5) ...Except when I would get up veeeery early on Saturday mornings :wink: :

1)Sesame Street/and the Don't Eat The Pictures movie/Christmas Eve on Sesame Street
2) The Muppet Movie/The Great Muppet Caper
3) Muppet Babies (a favorite of mine :smile:, as I always loved the idea of using my imagination (I still do) and I love the cutest of and characters and their personalities. I was/am more on the side of Skeeter than Piggy : ). All and all I meet more people that love the show than hate it :3 )
4) The Muppets at Walt Disney World
5) The Secret Life of Toys
6) The Frog Prince
(insert edited version of the Robin Hood single episode of TMS somewhere here)
7)Fraggle Rock
8) The Muppet Christmas Carol/Muppet Treasure Island
9) Labyrinth/Dark Crystal
10) Muppets from Space
11) Muppets Take Manhattan
12) The Muppet Show
13) Everything else :3

Grundgetta2800

Reaction score
I liked them all, but mostly Muppet Show and Sesame Street. When I was a kid I sometimes didn't want to go to school because I wanted to watch SS

Kiki

Reaction score
I liked them all, but mostly Muppet Show and Sesame Street. When I was a kid I sometimes didn't want to go to school because I wanted to watch SS
Lol, same with me, when I was little. Not much has changed, though!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
My fanaticism came from Sesame Street, then The Muppet Show, and then everything. :smile: The most things I owned as a kid were Sesame Street. Late 70's is when we began getting Muppet stuff.

Golly, I'm gettin' old.

I can remember that SS would come on in the mornings, but it was the afternoon repeats of the morning's show that I would watch after school.

When The Muppet Show was on, I think a CBS affiliate, I would try to get the family to watch that with me if we were at my grandfather's house and it usually worked. They liked the guest stars (usually) and would watch. It seems it came on just before or after Hee Haw.

Anyway, in the 80's I also ran home to watch Fraggle Rock and was plopped right down in front of HBO to see those when they were first coming on. I did miss a few episodes and I would be MAD!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
My fandom sprang from Muppet Show compilation videos (Children's Songs and Stories, Muppet Treasures and The Kermit and Piggy Story) and an old copy of The Great Muppet Caper that my parents taped off the TV. I probably watched The Great Muppet Caper hundreds of times, and it's still my favorite Muppet movie.

Then came Sesame Street. I watched Sesame Street from season 21 to season 23. The Elmo years had already begun, but they were still showing a lot of the classic "old school" skits. Then I must have started watching again (ocassionally) during season 25 because I distinctly remember loving Benny Rabbit.

Can ya believe I saw Muppet Treasure Island before I ever saw The Muppet Movie? 'tis true! I saw it in the theater, and it was great! Nothing beats a Muppet movie in the theater. Then came Muppets Tonight, which I was immediately hooked on... but my parents thought it was "too adult," and I only saw a few episodes.

Then I saw The Dark Crystal, and it freaked me out! Didn't like it until much later, and I wouldn't watch Labyrinth until after I re-watched Dark Crystal.

I never saw a full episode of The Muppet Show until probably 1999. And until the DVDs came out, I had only seen a handful. I only saw about 3 episodes of Fraggle Rock before I turned 16. And then, I had only seen about 10 episodes before the DVDs were released. I'm kind of glad I was older when I saw the show. It's alot easier to appreciate what was accomplished there. Characters from The Muppet Show and Sesame Street will always mean more to me, they're more like childhood friends. But Fraggle Rock's such an incredible achievment for Henson.

Java

Reaction score
For me I'm fairly certain my parents had me watching SS first and then it was a TMS, FR, MB, and the movies in one fail swoop as they were on nickelodeon, TBS, and PBS and my parents had us watch. Not a distinguishing factor in that timeline of those as my age is just right for FR and MB and reruns were popular of TMS.

And then The Jim Henson Hour cinched it for us as we had to watch that all the time and the various other things Jim was doing at the time.

StreetScenes

Reaction score
Then came Sesame Street. I watched Sesame Street from season 21 to season 23. The Elmo years had already begun, but they were still showing a lot of the classic "old school" skits. Then I must have started watching again (ocassionally) during season 25 because I distinctly remember loving Benny Rabbit.
ok so i've got a chronology question then...because 1990-91 was the last year i watched ss, but i distinctly remember 14 Carrot Love, and he says he's Benny in that skit. muppet wiki has him only appearing as a generic bunny until 1993, but i was definitely not watching then...so maybe you knew benny from 1991 too? :confused:

Can ya believe I saw Muppet Treasure Island before I ever saw The Muppet Movie? 'tis true! I saw it in the theater, and it was great! Nothing beats a Muppet movie in the theater. Then came Muppets Tonight, which I was immediately hooked on... but my parents thought it was "too adult," and I only saw a few episodes.
i saw MTI first, too, or at least that's the first one i remember. I liked MT too--i felt like i finally got to experience my parents generation, instead of being born too late for all the cool stuff. kinda like when the Beatles Anthology coming out & I got to go to Princeton Record Exchange and buy a brand new Beatles single on vinyl--an experience i never thought i'd have when i started getting into the Beatles.

Then I saw The Dark Crystal, and it freaked me out! Didn't like it until much later, and I wouldn't watch Labyrinth until after I re-watched Dark Crystal.
i'm glad i'm not the only one who was wierded out by these. but i haven't watched them since becoming totally obsessed with the muppets, though, so i ought to give them another shot. still, not really my thing.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I think I watched Dark Crystal when I was very little and just don't remember because I blocked it out over the scary birds eating scene. But Labyrinth is so cool..although I say that as a fangirl who first saw it when she was nineteen, loves it mostly for Jareth, thinks Sarah is a little slow and hates the ending though :stick_out_tongue:. But still..Jareth :big_grin:! Fantasy world of Labyrinth :big_grin:!=love. Fantasy world of DC= not as much love. I think it is because it didn't feel as fleshed out to me..the world felt very open and shut, I think it was the ending and some of the parts in-between, "Ooh lets make it very pretty and realistic and don't forget we have to talk about this so viewers have any idea why...Oops, quitting time! Oh well.."