How are you a Henson-Muppet fan?

hoopless

Reaction score
I'm liking this thread. I'd never really thought about it before, but i guess i must have started with Sesame Street which used to be on at 6am every weekday and sometimes around lunchtime i think. I remember being delighted to be able to watch it when i was home from school ill so it must have been lunchtime-ish. that was when i was little, but every now and again i'd catch it as i got older and be just as happy to see it.

we had 2 MB videos (me and my brother) around the same time, but i don't ever recall watching it on TV just the videos, one of which mysteriously disappeared...grrrr

my whole young childhood is a bit of a blur, but at some point i remember Dinosaurs being on at the weekends when we got back from our weekly food shop.

I think i was about 7 or 8 when i saw the TMS. i think it was on friday evenings just before bed time thy were showing re-runs on channel 4. I don't remember any of the episodes i saw then i just remember i really liked it and forcing my best friend to sit and watch it when we had a sleep over.

I was impressed by the Hoobs when that came out by which time i was probably 13. It was around this age that i started to see any of the films and took to them more than the people i saw them with. Its only the last few years i've really started to get properly obsessed so i'm a bit of a late starter. I just bought every DVD i saw with the Muppets on the cover. I've pretty much been on my own in my discovery and love for them though.

when i turned 18 i got the kermit from the Jim Henson Company logo tattooed on my arm to show my love. its strange though that the only time i saw that picture was at the beginning of my MB videos.

Until only a year or 2 ago i had never seen Fraggle Rock, but i knew the theme song from a punk cover i heard a long time before

I've still not seen any DC or anything like that though. I should really find some and get round to it.

Not much of an order but that's my life in Henson shows up until now.

Grundgetta2800

Reaction score
I LOVED Sesame when I ws little, but I prolly like it more now, lol! But even when I was a little kid, there was a lot of children's shows which I didn't find appealing. I mean, stuff like Teletubbies and The Wiggles -which most kids loved- and stuff are bloody boring if you ask me, and I thought the same when I was younger!
LOL, luckily Barney and the Tellitubbies were after my time. When I was little we had Sesame Street, Mr. Roger's, and Captin Kangaroo. I also watched the Great Space Coaster, 3-2-1 Contact, and virtually everything else on MPT. My mom always told us "no TV unless its edicational" So I was raised on public television :coy:

Grundgetta2800

Reaction score
Thanks. :smile: but are you serious? How can people be so judgemental? :frown:

Oh yeah, I saw The Cube at a screening of Henson's early works. I found it rather depressing, and I thought it went fer too long. But hey- that's just my opinion.

(Oh- and about the muffining, sah-ree y'all :embarrassed:)
Let's just say neither the woman or the entire town was ready for me. Oh those Blue Hill people were so easy. I was a sheltered county kid who never sat foot in Baltimore City unless in was Harbor Place, but they thought I wast from Hard Knocks because I said Baltimore. What I meant was Baltimore County. But they don't know the difference LOL

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I do not like the Dark Crystal at all. It was just way too slow and overall boring. The environments and characcters where really nicely designed, but overall, the movie just didnt appeal to me.

Labyrinth I think I was first exposed to it in...hrmmm...5th grade. We had a travelling puppet "museum" come to our school and they showed the making of Labyrinth (th one on the dvd). That school had a movie day where each teacher showed a movie. Well, one teacher, because of the "museum" showed Labyrinth. One Also showed Dark Crystal. I went to Labyrinth. It wasnt until...2 years ago that I actually saw Dark Crystal. That was the same time I got both movies on DVD. Letsjust say, Labyrinth has seem much light of day, while Dark Crystal as only been out of the case once

and I still have not seen Fraggle Rock

Pork

Reaction score
I remember watching Sesame Street a bit when I was young. Also I remember Muppets tonight.

But I got really interested in the Muppets from watching Muppets Treasure Island and Muppets Christmas Carol...some years later.

Then I joined here and discovered Fraggle Rock...which is now my favourite :big_grin:

Kiki

Reaction score
I've known FR fer as long as I can remember, because of old videos and stuff. I think I got back into them though when I was about 12, because I remember talking about it to a teacher in primary school who loved it, just before the box-set came out.

My favourite's prolly TMS, but I love SST just as much. ^^

Grundgetta2800

Reaction score
One thing about SS is that I appriciate it more than ever now as an adult. Especially the skits that were on before I was born. It wasn't until I read Street Gang that I even knew that two other men played Gordon before Roscoe Orman. Also watching some of those skits from the 70's of Northern Calloway (David) when he was at his prime, really is a bitter sweet experience. Oh and those muppets like Roosevelt Franklin, that were banned, are funny to see also.

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
I've known FR fer as long as I can remember, because of old videos and stuff. I think I got back into them though when I was about 12, because I remember talking about it to a teacher in primary school who loved it, just before the box-set came out.

My favourite's prolly TMS, but I love SST just as much. ^^
I can remember quite a bit of what I watched when I was like 3 or 4 years old, before I moved house, and I can Remember SST quite clearly, along with various other shows I love now. I still think they killed Postman Pat with the remake though. But the voices haven't changed that much.

Kiki

Reaction score
Oh yeah, the remake! I remember the original Postman Pat pretty well, it's like how they remade Fireman Sam (but it still has that problem child that starts all the fires, lol), not the same, but meh- I still watch 'em all. XD

Ooh! Another Henson show I remember watching! The Secret Life of Toys! I haven't seen that fer ages... since it aired on ABC in the 90s.

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Oh yeah, the remake! I remember the original Postman Pat pretty well, it's like how they remade Fireman Sam (but it still has that problem child that starts all the fires, lol), not the same, but meh- I still watch 'em all. XD

Ooh! Another Henson show I remember watching! The Secret Life of Toys! I haven't seen that fer ages... since it aired on ABC in the 90s.
There was a Remade Fireman Sam? Woah... Which reminds me, the guy from The Wombats can sing Postman Pat and Fireman Sam themes in Norwiegian. I saw it on Youtube! XD
Man that kid had problems... wasn't he called Norman or Normie or something?