The Fifth Official Semi-Annual Muppet Central Forum Awards! (Volume 5)

theprawncracker

Reaction score
VOTING ENDS ON SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 8, 2009

AWARDS CEREMONY TO BE (TENTATIVELY) HELD ON SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 15, 2009, 7:00 P.M. U.S. CENTRAL TIME

Welcome one, welcome all, welcome mebers new, welcome members old to...​

The Fifth Official Semi-Annual Muppet Central Forum Awards! (Volume 5)

This is the time of the year where we at Muppet Central Forum gather together to vote for our favorite people here at the forum! We have categories for everyone and everyone is welcome to vote! But how, you may be asking yourself, do you, the unknowing masses, go about voting for your favorite people? Well, the answer is simple shall be presented to you in the form of bulletted rules definitely not stolen from last year's awards thread (also posted by moi).

Rules and Guidelines for Voting in the
Muppet Central Forum Awards:

Copy and paste the list of award categories into an e-mail.
Enter your votes for the categories. You do NOT have to vote in all of the categories! Absolutely NO voting for yourself. Campaigning for yourself IS allowed, as long as it DOES NOT get out of hand. If it gets out of hand (e.g. numerous threads asking for a vote, asking for a vote at the end of EVERY post you make, and making threats to people about voting for you) one of our moderators will quickly delete all of your campaign threads and your votes will not be counted and you will not be allowed to attend the ceremony. It's harsh, but these rules are here for a reason. (Acceptable means of campaigning include: campaigning via signatures, campaigning via avatar, and campaigning in THIS thread.) You MAY vote for a member in more than one category. (e.g. I vote for Beauregard in the funniest member and best Moppet Family character categories.)
Once you've filled out your ballot... Send an e-mail to muppetcentralawards@gmail.com. Any ballots posted in this thread (or anywhere else) will NOT be counted. (If you do not wish your e-mail to be known, you may also send your ballot in a private message to theprawncracker, The Count, or dwayne1115.)
ALL BALLOTS MUST BE E-MAILED BY FEBRUARY 8TH, 2009! ! ! Absolutely no exceptions! (Unless of course you have a really good reason. :stick_out_tongue:) We need this time to count the votes and create the awards!
Attendance at the Awards Ceremony on Feb. 15th is NOT required, but IS requested. I mean, c'mon, it's so much fun! Why would you want to miss it? I know I'll be there!
Acceptance speeches will be allowed at the awards ceremony, but you will NOT be waited for if you're not around to post. Please keep that in mind. Speeches are NOT required, it's just a fun way to incorporate winners into the ceremony. There will be time between each award presentation for speeches.
And the biggest rule that absolutely MUST be followed... HAVE FUN! ! !

Those are the rules and the guidelines! See? Nothing too difficult or harsh!

To make things easier, I will be posting the official ballot in a new post. The categories for this year's ceremony were picked apart and debated over by a committee of some of the oldest and best members MC has to offer. I assume they wish to remain annonymous, but know that they've done a fantastic job and I couldn't have asked for a better team!

I'm also extremely honored to announce that once again we will be partnering with The Muppetcast hosted by Steve Swanson to broadcast our Awards Ceremony. Steve has been gracious enough to dedicate one of his shows to us and I couldn't be happier! So you all have that to look forward to too!

Anyway... that's really all I have to say in this post. Please, please, please don't hesitate to vote! EVERYONE is welcome and encouraged to come vote!

And remember, this is meant to unite MC, so if you don't win an award you really wanted, don't feel bad, and know that a good friend and a fellow Muppet fan did win it. Everyone here deserves awards--just for being themselves!

So, without further ado, welcome, ladies, gentlemen, penguins, chickens, rats, and weirdos, to The Fifth Official Muppet Central Forum Awards! (Volume Five)

HAVE FUN! ! ! ! !

Sincerely and Insanely Yours,
Ryan/Prawnie/theprawncracker/Jack/Widdle Prawnie Foo Foo/The Duke of Chutney/Half Lisa/etc.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Forum Friends and Family
Make Us Laugh (Funniest Member)
Animal on Caffeine (Member Who Posts The Most)
Short But Sweet (Member With Low Post Count But High Awesomeness)
Don't Eat the Pictures (Best Avatar)
J. Henson Autograph (Best Signature)
Mr. Monopoly (Best Gamer)
Handyman (Most Talented Puppet Builder)
Like a Stake Through My Thread (Best Thread Killer)
Hanging by a Thread (Favorite Thread)
Golden Game (Favorite Game)
Straightjackets Anonymous (Craziest Member)
Search Party Collector (Most Missed Member)
Underneath the Radar (Most Underrated Member)
Most Huggable (Most Huggable Member)

Best Hugger (Best Hugger in kiss, kiss, hug, hug darling topic thread)
Pinch Their Widdle Cheeks (Cutest Member)
The Music Keeps Rollin’ Along (Best Muppet Music Trader)
Ernie and Bert, or is it Bert and Ernie? (Favorite Member Duo)
Muppet Newsman (Best Reporter of Muppet News)
Muffin Man or Woman (Best Muffiner)
Went to College (Most Knowledgeable Member)
The Man, the Po-Lice, the Fuzz, the P.I.G. (Best Moderator)
The NOOB Award (Favorite New Member Between February ‘08 and February ’09)
Return to the Insanity (Favorite Member Who Returned After an Extended Period of Time Away)
The Phillip Chapman Muppet Central Lifetime Achievement (Lifetime Achievement Award)

Muppet Appreciation
The Most Sensational Inspirational Celebrational Muppetational Award (Biggest Fan of the “Classic” Muppets)
Can You Tell Me Who to Give... Who To Give this Award To? (Biggest Fan of Sesame Street)
Fraggle Freak (Biggest Fan of Fraggle Rock)
Fan of Fantasy (Biggest Fan of the Jim Henson Fantasy Worlds)

Plays With Dolls (Biggest Collector of Palisades Toys Muppet Figures)
Too Much Time and Money on Their Hands (Biggest Muppet Merchandise Collector)
Master Manipulator (Biggest Collector of Master Replicas Muppet Products)
Greatest Club for Stalkers (Favorite Muppeteer Fan Club)
Old College Buddies (Favorite Members of Muppet College Dorms: The Next Semester)
Kissy-Kissy Award (Biggest Supporter of the Frog/Pig Romance)
Fighting the Good Fight (Most Optimistic Muppet Fan)
Encyclopedia Red and Fat Blue (Most Knowledgeable Fan of All-Things Henson)
Andre the Artist Award (Favorite Fan Artist)
Golden Book (Fan-Fiction of the Year)
Platinum Pen or Keyboard (Fan-Fiction Artist of the Year)
The Fozzie Bear Funny Stuff Award (Funniest Fan-Fiction of the Year)
The Book of Tears (Saddest Fan-Fiction of the Year)
Resident Librarian (Best Fan-Fiction Reader)
Light Reading (Short Fan-Fiction/One-Shot of the Year)
Wemblin' Fool (Biggest Wembling Member)

Keepin' the Flames Alive (Most Dedicated Muppet Fan)

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Just sent mine in! Can't wait for the results!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello... I have nothing to say... I just really love this hat. *Disappears into swirling vortex magic top hat.

I am MC's The Count, and I approve this message.
(Well of course I approve it, I'm the one saying it... :attitude)

Redsonga

Reaction score
Oh, I didn't know you did awards here...I'm not sure if I've been here long enough to vote..Would I still be a newbie since I joined in Feb.? :\

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Oh, I didn't know you did awards here...I'm not sure if I've been here long enough to vote..Would I still be a newbie since I joined in Feb.? :\
There's no limit to how long you've been here to vote! Even if you joined yesterday you can vote! Redsonga, you're now an integral part of MC! Of COURSE you can vote! :excited:

Pork

Reaction score
YAY! AWARDS TIME!

*goes to vote*

Hey Count...how dare you steal my hat!