Any word on a seperate Complete Season 4 release

Redsonga

Reaction score
Actually I've seen at least 2 channels that do show it. One is a sky+ channel called boomerang and the other is pop j.r or something, which I've seen fraggle rock on. Come to think of it I might check when it's on next!:smile:
But many of us don't get those channels so it is almost the same as it not being on at all:sympathy:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Henson is indeed looking for a big distributor for their properties, Fraggle being most prominent.

http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?p=751302

If there's something you're interested in, such as Season 4, send them a Tweet. It's a really great way to speak to them directly and they encourage comments from fans regarding what they'd like to see. And it may be especially appropriate now, since they're actively seeking a distributor and may be able to better prioritize themselves if they know what people want.

http://www.twitter.com/hensoncompany
I really hope so, myself. Too many licensees got lost in the shuffle when a new distributor/ company took over handling the likeness. Let's not forget the absolute crazy fiasco that Transformers had when Rhino collapsed. Sony bought up the rights, and did nothing with them (other than limitedly releasing the movie when the live action TF movie came out)... and years later someone thought... "Hey, don't we have a small company that has been releasing Saturday Morning cartoons recently?" Or like when said company couldn't make the profits they wanted with Inspector Gadget, and Fox bought the rights... now Shout promised that Fox would continue right where they left off, but all we got was a crummy 15 dollar 3 episode disk that quickly got pulled.

I'm glad to hear that they're seeking something for the Fraggles quick, and they probably will give us that season 4... but I am still a bit skeptical.

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
I'm glad to hear that they're seeking something for the Fraggles quick, and they probably will give us that season 4... but I am still a bit skeptical.
I'm a bit skeptical too, since home video wasn't mentioned in the press release as something Henson is pursuing.

All the more reason to Tweet them and tell them you want it.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
ok gang :smile: lol since im awaaaaay to lazy to read (its been a looong hard sorta bad day at work) let me get this stright....Henson wants to start up there OWN home video line with out teaming with anyone like HIT! or SONY or Disney like thay did under the "Jim Henson Video" line back in the early 90s?

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
HIT's former distributor, Fox, is pulling the same routine with The Mary Tyler Moore Show, a series whose season DVDs have been incomplete much longer than Fraggle. TVShowsOnDvd predicts the last three seasons, soon to be available only in one big complete series box, will be sold separately later on...

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Mary-Tyler-Moore-DVDs-Planned/10435

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Mary-Tyler-Moore-The-Complete-Series/11238

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Mary-Tyler-Moore-The-Complete-Series/11292
It looks like Fox has had a major change in plans. In what seems to be an attempt to satisfy the loyal consumers who purchased the first four seasons individually, they have pushed back the release date of their complete series box and have a new Amazon entry for a stand-alone Season 5 (where cries of the victorious can be found). I imagine Seasons 6 and 7 will follow.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Mary-Tyler-Moore-Season-5/11900

It's a real shame HIT didn't do the same while they still held the Henson contract, especially since there was only one Fraggle season left. I'm sure the calendar could have accommodated a similar schedule change, if they so desired.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It looks like Fox has had a major change in plans. In what seems to be an attempt to satisfy the loyal consumers who purchased the first four seasons individually, they have pushed back the release date of their complete series box and have a new Amazon entry for a stand-alone Season 5 (where cries of the victorious can be found). I imagine Seasons 6 and 7 will follow.
We can rationalize it and debate it and all that, but the fact remains... someone dropped the ball a while ago, and when they could have used the very same disks to put in a separate S4, they didn't for no apparent reason.

But I am seeing more "Complete series" having new season sets retroactively added.... Shout! is releasing a Complete first season Transformers (G1), and a complete series of TF.... BUT they are also planning to release the others separately. Warner Bros released season one of Get Smart, the complete series, and then season 2 (though I don't know what plans they have beyond that).

All I'm saying is they coulda done that, didn't, and now we have to wait for the new distributor to do so.

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
I mostly wanted to follow up on the news about MTM. Frankly, I’m happy to know HIT’s boneheaded decision did not create a new trend within the industry, especially in an era of declining DVD sales (recession aside).

HBO, not Warner, is releasing season sets of Get Smart, with the third season coming next week. However, these are only arriving now due to the expiration of Timelife’s year-long licensing exclusive on the property, in which they released one of the best complete series collections yet. Timelife has done similarly superb releases for both The Man from U.N.C.L.E. and The Real Ghostbusters. All three series are, or will be, available in individual season sets as well.

Those are the kinds of trends that create positive remarks instead of criticisms.

plucky

Reaction score
I for one am waiting for a separate S4, no matter where it comes from. Not to say I would acquire episodes in some other fashion, but I DID have every single episode of Fraggle Rock, and just started watching them, mostly for the first time, when the Season DVDs started coming out. So I scrapped the copies I had gotten and started buying the seasons! But I won't re-buy everything I already bought to get S4. Just showing that there are people who spend money on things when you do them right, and treat the customer right, and when you don't? They find 'alternate means'.

I've actually held off on watching any S4 episodes at all, I'll wait patiently for a good DVD release! Now I just have to wait for my S4 Muppet Show DVDs to come out too! Not until next year? Oh well, I can wait :smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
And Season 4 is announced for September 8th.
Darn it. I popped into this thread and read the last post thinking it was about TMS season 4. Let's keep it TMS specific here. :sympathy:

Move the other updates for Get Smart etc to the General Discussion section. :wisdom: