Who's going to see Disney's the Princess and the Frog

muppets2

Reaction score
it is classic animation and not pixar? or computer generated?

muppets2

Reaction score
great ive been waiting for one of thoose definitly seeing it now:smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
it is classic animation and not pixar? or computer generated?
Funny thing... Pixar was the company that pretty much insisted that Disney still do the classic 2-D style animated movies. They run the animation department now. One of the best decisions Disney has made in the past few years was buying Pixar and saying, "HEY! You run our animation department! It's clearly obvious we forgot how."

Too bad they didn't also give them their TV animation department as well...

Erine81981

Reaction score
So Disney Animation Studios still own the TV shows? I figured since the same people who do any of the animation would do everything for any type of animated stuff. Darn that Disney!

Drtooth

Reaction score
So Disney Animation Studios still own the TV shows?
Yeah... the theatrical animation department and the television animation department are 2 separate entities... Confusing thing is that the television department was the one that animated most of the DTV sequels, though they were treated by the same entity that was the theatrical department. At least, both are as per my understanding.

So far, other than Pineas and Ferb, we ain't really seen anything out of them recently. Which is a shame. I still call them complete fools for not giving the public a Pirates of the Caribbean cartoon (as potentially a knockoff of One Piece it could become)... they would have made SOOOOO much money with that one.

muppets2

Reaction score
yea what happend to duck tales darkwig duck and all that animation?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
yea what happend to duck tales darkwig duck and all that animation?
Maybe they were all ducked out?

I would see anything of Disney's that it traditional animation at this point. Especially a good movie! And it's even better that they are returning back to their roots in storytelling!

muppets2

Reaction score
Maybe they were all ducked out?

I would see anything of Disney's that it traditional animation at this point. Especially a good movie! And it's even better that they are returning back to their roots in storytelling!
yea i was getting tired of pixar glad they brought animation back

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
yea i was getting tired of pixar glad they brought animation back
That's interesting. I'm not tired of Pixar at all. They haven't put out one single movie that that wasn't good to me.

What I'm tired is it the whole 3d trend in general and how quickly people were to jump on it and the quantity of it all. There's just so muhc bad 3D out there and it's tiring. But there needs to be a balance.

But I love Pixar!